Old 29-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Bilbo Baggins

Default Lawn murder

Yesterday I knacked a big chunk of my lawn.

I was replacing the lower panel in my back door and laid the door on the
lawn to work on it. Unfortunately the top half is glass and the rays of the
sun have scorched a large rectangle of grass.

The grass isn't just a bit yellow, as it tends to go in hot sun, but totally
fried to a grey brown colour.

Do you think it will eventually come back with lots of water or will I have
to re-seed or re-turf?

KW

Old 29-06-2003, 11:23 PM
hendo2002

Mmm , thats a bit silly , but I would think with plenty of water it will be
as good as new in 2-3 weeks

Old 30-06-2003, 12:47 PM
pied piper

"Bilbo Baggins" wrote in message
Yesterday I knacked a big chunk of my lawn.

I was replacing the lower panel in my back door and laid the door on the
lawn to work on it. Unfortunately the top half is glass and the rays of

the
sun have scorched a large rectangle of grass.

The grass isn't just a bit yellow, as it tends to go in hot sun, but

totally
fried to a grey brown colour.

Do you think it will eventually come back with lots of water or will I

have
to re-seed or re-turf?

KW

spike it and water 3 times a day soon green up

Old 30-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"pied piper" writes:
| "Bilbo Baggins" wrote in message
| Yesterday I knacked a big chunk of my lawn.
|
| I was replacing the lower panel in my back door and laid the door on the
| lawn to work on it. Unfortunately the top half is glass and the rays of
| the sun have scorched a large rectangle of grass.
|
| The grass isn't just a bit yellow, as it tends to go in hot sun, but
| totally fried to a grey brown colour.
|
| Do you think it will eventually come back with lots of water or will I
| have to re-seed or re-turf?
|
| spike it and water 3 times a day soon green up

Boggle. Watering initially and when its gets dryish should be enough.
It works for kettle and teapot scorch.

I agree that the chances of it having got hot enough (in the UK) to
fry the roots are pretty small.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 30-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Time Heals

Spray household ammonia on the area Heather:

Old 30-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Bilbo Baggins

What does that do? - I'm intrigued.

Old 30-06-2003, 09:20 PM
pied piper

"Time Heals" wrote in message
Spray household ammonia on the area Heather:

that will kill the grass

Old 30-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Time Heals

No it wont kill the grass...Full of nitrogen...put it in a dial-spray.
10-1 and watch how your lawn turns green..Im in Canada Ontario I do it
once a month...Works great. I put epson
salts-n-beer-n-listerine-n-liquidhandsoap also. Try it youll see. also
buy some tobacco put it in a jar of water in the fridge over night.
strain it put it in your dial-spray 10-1 spray on your lawn..and it
will make anything kiling your lawn die.. My lawn is thick full and very
very green..and my nieghbours lawn is yellowish and sparce. Heather

Old 01-07-2003, 03:56 PM
pied piper

"Time Heals" wrote in message
No it wont kill the grass...Full of nitrogen...put it in a dial-spray.
10-1 and watch how your lawn turns green..Im in Canada Ontario I do it
once a month...Works great. I put epson
salts-n-beer-n-listerine-n-liquidhandsoap also. Try it youll see. also
buy some tobacco put it in a jar of water in the fridge over night.
strain it put it in your dial-spray 10-1 spray on your lawn..and it
will make anything kiling your lawn die.. My lawn is thick full and very
very green..and my nieghbours lawn is yellowish and sparce. Heather

what a load of toot amonia will damage the root system by burning new
roots if u want nitrogen buy a nitrogen npk summer fertiliser even this
will scorch the grass if not irrigated

Old 01-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Time Heals

Load of ?....People have been using these formulas for decades...my
mother my grandmother and so on....So be angry as you sound it works and
it has never burnt my lawn. My mothers either...GEESH

Old 01-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Time Heals

Heres someone else with a load of toot...lol and very successful at it.
Dont hate educate..go to www.jerrybaker.com Now you have a nice day