Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default Can I recommend Sorrell to you?

I have grown Sorrell for the first time this year and it has done well
without much attention. Putting a few leaves in a salad has added a
nice crisp sharp dimension to the meal.

However, I'd heard that the French make soup with it and finally
tracked down a recipe for this in Christopher Lloyd's Kitchen Gardener
book.

This basically uses stock, potatoes, Sorrell and seasoning. The whole
family tried it for the first time this weekend and everyone loved it.

If anyone wants a recipe, I can post it to this forum. Don't be afraid
to grow some (I'm sure there's still time this year).

Colin
-----
(Please reply via the newsgroup)