Old 14-07-2003, 09:02 PM
martin

Default cats and their deposits

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:48:15 GMT, teepegger
wrote:

thank you everyone for your suggestions about how to rid my garden of
the cats. I have tried most, but not all of the suggested remedies (
need to get a shotgun and haven't peed on the garden ( yet) LOL ). I am
down to one annoying cat that seems to wait till I go to bed to do its
business grrrr. What I have also done is criss crossed some fishing
line over the garden to try and deter them and being down to one cat
now I guess something has worked , and I am still armed with one of
the kids power water guns ( they don't like water, especially coming at
them with such force hehe ). Will let you know when I am rid of them
all thanks again all for your time and suggestions.

a near neighbour covered the whole of her front garden with upturned
flower pots with a sharpened stick inserted in each pot. It gave us
and the cats a laugh and not much else.
--
martin
Old 17-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Druss

Top solution for me was a wobbly fence of 18" high chicken wire, the 2" mesh
stuff works wonders, make sure it wobbles, with only slight support, and the
cats never try to climb over it. Kept the veggie plots clear for a whole
year now, both from our own cats and our neighbours.
Duncan

"teepegger" wrote in message
s.com...
I have recently got rid of the jungle in my front garden and have spent
a lot of money on gravel and paving stones. My problem is that it
doesn't seem to have deterred the local cats from leaving their
deposits on my nice looking front garden( at least 2 or 3 deposits a
day ) I have tried everything I can get my hands on in the local
garden centres to deter the cats including pepper powders, pellets,
sprays etc, you name it, I have tried it. Please does anyone know of
anything I can use that will do the trick? I have read a few replies to
others of the same problem, some about bb guns and water, the problem
being that I am not home all day to keep my eye out and catch them.
Please help !!!
--
teepegger

Sooty deposits on Ilex "Silver Milkboy" Richard Burge United Kingdom 11 20-02-2007 06:21 PM
gravel deposits Dean Lawns 0 31-01-2007 05:18 AM
Ash tree sticky deposits gardener Gardening 3 11-06-2004 01:04 AM
[IBC] Mineral deposits (was: [IBC] a Winter project??? Craig Cowing Bonsai 0 19-08-2003 02:04 AM
[IBC] lime deposits on pots -- a report of an experiment Jim Lewis Bonsai 12 25-02-2003 08:06 PM