Old 11-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered User

Location: Wales
Angry cats and their deposits

I have recently got rid of the jungle in my front garden and have spent a lot of money on gravel and paving stones. My problem is that it doesn't seem to have deterred the local cats from leaving their deposits on my nice looking front garden( at least 2 or 3 deposits a day ) I have tried everything I can get my hands on in the local garden centres to deter the cats including pepper powders, pellets, sprays etc, you name it, I have tried it. Please does anyone know of anything I can use that will do the trick? I have read a few replies to others of the same problem, some about bb guns and water, the problem being that I am not home all day to keep my eye out and catch them. Please help !!!
Old 11-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Janice

Default cats and their deposits

Sharp sticks, such as barbecue sticks, might help. Or prickly stems from
roses, brambles, etc.

s.com...
--
teepegger

Old 11-07-2003, 03:50 PM
Registered User

Location: bristol

i had the same problem and used "growing success" - "cat Repellent". For the 1st couple of days the cats were still a problem but I persevered and each time a cat fouled I shovlled it up and depoisted it far away from the garden then reapplied the repellent. However I did find that I had to use far more than the recommended amount The problem has now stopped!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Mike

In article m,
teepegger writes
I have recently got rid of the jungle in my front garden and have spent
a lot of money on gravel and paving stones. My problem is that it
doesn't seem to have deterred the local cats from leaving their
deposits on my nice looking front garden( at least 2 or 3 deposits a
day ) I have tried everything I can get my hands on in the local
garden centres to deter the cats including pepper powders, pellets,
sprays etc, you name it, I have tried it. Please does anyone know of
anything I can use that will do the trick? I have read a few replies to
others of the same problem, some about bb guns and water, the problem
being that I am not home all day to keep my eye out and catch them.
Please help !!!
--
teepegger

Snare

Skin

Cook

Tastes like Rabbit

British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more
National Service (RAF) Association Scarborough. Nov 7th - 10th (Nearly Full)

Old 11-07-2003, 06:11 PM
amanda pope

Yep A shot gun - never fails. Use on cats and the irresponsible owners who
let these vermin roam the streets.
Seriously though I have heard the ultrasonic alarms work well. My nursery
manager used one and cured her problem( unfortunately I can hear them and
got migraine every time I visited)

On a design point use larger sized gravel, 20mm+ the smaller stuff is cat
loo for sure.

Bark is worse!! but I'm sure that is no consolation.

There used to be a product called ZooDoo made of lion and tiger droppings
that worked but I've not seen it for ages.

If you get yourself a big cat it will defend its own territory and use its
own litter tray.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

s.com...

Old 11-07-2003, 11:49 PM
Larry Stoter

teepegger wrote:

I have recently got rid of the jungle in my front garden and have spent
a lot of money on gravel and paving stones. My problem is that it
doesn't seem to have deterred the local cats from leaving their
deposits on my nice looking front garden( at least 2 or 3 deposits a
day ) I have tried everything I can get my hands on in the local
garden centres to deter the cats including pepper powders, pellets,
sprays etc, you name it, I have tried it. Please does anyone know of
anything I can use that will do the trick? I have read a few replies to
others of the same problem, some about bb guns and water, the problem
being that I am not home all day to keep my eye out and catch them.
Please help !!!
--
teepegger

Go to your local Asian shop and buy a large bag of chilli powder - works
well as long as it stays dry.

The largest, most powerful water pistol you can find or a a water power
washer. You need to spend 2-3 days on watch though ......

Cat rescue - large, nasty tom that nobody wants, intact if possible.
It'll beat up and/or "ravage" every cat within a mile ......
--
Larry Stoter
Old 12-07-2003, 12:32 AM
andrewpreece

Allegedly citrus peel works, or peeing in your front garden ( if you're a
chap ). Otherwise use larger gravel as has been suggested, or less of it
( can you compact it into the ground ? ).

Andy

s.com...

Old 12-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Essjay001

andrewpreece wrote:
Allegedly citrus peel works,

My G/f's cat eats citrus peel.

or peeing in your front garden ( if you're a chap ).

Hey ladies can do that too you know!

Otherwise use larger gravel as has been suggested,
or less of it ( can you compact it into the ground ? ).

I have been thinking about fixing the gravel to the ground by covering the
area with a sand and cement mix and spraying on enough water to wash it down
and set the gravel when it hardens.

Any comments?

Andy

s.com...

Old 12-07-2003, 08:33 AM
martin

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:36:58 +0000 (UTC), "Essjay001"
wrote:

andrewpreece wrote:
Allegedly citrus peel works,

My G/f's cat eats citrus peel.

or peeing in your front garden ( if you're a chap ).

Hey ladies can do that too you know!

women can, but ladies do not pee in their own front gardens

Otherwise use larger gravel as has been suggested,
or less of it ( can you compact it into the ground ? ).

I have been thinking about fixing the gravel to the ground by covering the
area with a sand and cement mix and spraying on enough water to wash it down
and set the gravel when it hardens.

Any comments?

Use kidney stones?

Do you have the capacity to personally spray such a big area?

--
martin

____/|
O \ o.O|
\\ =(_)=
__))____ooO U Ooo
``` '''

Old 12-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Essjay001

wrote:

andrewpreece wrote:
Allegedly citrus peel works,

My G/f's cat eats citrus peel.

or peeing in your front garden ( if you're a chap ).

Hey ladies can do that too you know!

women can, but ladies do not pee in their own front gardens

Oh you're just a snob

Otherwise use larger gravel as has been suggested,
or less of it ( can you compact it into the ground ? ).

I have been thinking about fixing the gravel to the ground by
covering the area with a sand and cement mix and spraying on enough
water to wash it down and set the gravel when it hardens.

Any comments?

Use kidney stones?

Do you have the capacity to personally spray such a big area?

Yes I personally own the hose pipe!

--
One piece, one button suit, the latest fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Old 12-07-2003, 04:44 PM
martin

wrote:

andrewpreece wrote:
Allegedly citrus peel works,

My G/f's cat eats citrus peel.

or peeing in your front garden ( if you're a chap ).

Hey ladies can do that too you know!

women can, but ladies do not pee in their own front gardens

Oh you're just a snob

Otherwise use larger gravel as has been suggested,
or less of it ( can you compact it into the ground ? ).

I have been thinking about fixing the gravel to the ground by
covering the area with a sand and cement mix and spraying on enough
water to wash it down and set the gravel when it hardens.

Any comments?

Use kidney stones?

Do you have the capacity to personally spray such a big area?

Yes I personally own the hose pipe!

and drink Watney's Red Barrel?
--
martin

____/|
O \ o.O|
\\ =(_)=
__))____ooO U Ooo
``` '''

Old 12-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Essjay001

martin wrote:
Do you have the capacity to personally spray such a big area?

Yes I personally own the hose pipe!

and drink Watney's Red Barrel?
____/|

Sorry I don't drink, but fir the occasional glass of wine and maybe a 6-pack
every year. You wouldn't like my house at Christmas.

Steve R

O \ o.O|
\\ =(_)=
__))____ooO U Ooo
``` '''

--
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:08 PM
martin

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:58:50 +0000 (UTC), "Essjay001"
wrote:

Sorry I don't drink, but fir the occasional glass of wine and maybe a 6-pack
every year. You wouldn't like my house at Christmas.

We could always bring our own booze. What's on the menu? :-)
--
martin
Old 12-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Essjay001

wrote:

Sorry I don't drink, but fir the occasional glass of wine and maybe
a 6-pack every year. You wouldn't like my house at Christmas.

We could always bring our own booze. What's on the menu? :-)

Depends on what day Christmas falls. If it's a week day I might splash out
on a pizza, Saturday or Sunday two pizzas.

You may gather I don't really 'do' Christmas

--

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Sooty deposits on Ilex "Silver Milkboy" Richard Burge United Kingdom 11 20-02-2007 06:21 PM
gravel deposits Dean Lawns 0 31-01-2007 05:18 AM
Ash tree sticky deposits gardener Gardening 3 11-06-2004 01:04 AM
[IBC] Mineral deposits (was: [IBC] a Winter project??? Craig Cowing Bonsai 0 19-08-2003 02:04 AM
[IBC] lime deposits on pots -- a report of an experiment Jim Lewis Bonsai 12 25-02-2003 08:06 PM