Old 17-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Jonathan

Default 2 solar garden nightlights for £14.99

I've seen people asking in both these groups before, so I thought I'd direct
you to
http://www.maplin.co.uk - code N54AT - 2 solar garden nightlights for £14.99
Seeing as these retail for up to £39 each in the back of newspapers, that's
got to be a bargain.

I got a pair today - they charge their own internal normal nicads from the
sunlight during the day, but seeing as the sun was a bit lacking I gave them
a helping hand with a charger!
They're looking good out there right now..probably keeping the fish awake
though!

Old 17-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Chris

seems to be one for 14.99

check out the discount voucher offer at the top of the screen

Chris

.. .

Old 17-07-2003, 09:46 AM
RMS

In the flyer it's buy one, get one free )
It says "Order 2x N54AT to benefit from this offer"

Robin.

"Chris" wrote in message
seems to be one for 14.99

check out the discount voucher offer at the top of the screen

Chris

.. .

Old 17-07-2003, 11:03 AM
martin

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:56:34 +0100, "Jonathan"
wrote:

I've seen people asking in both these groups before, so I thought I'd direct
you to
http://www.maplin.co.uk - code N54AT - 2 solar garden nightlights for £14.99
Seeing as these retail for up to £39 each in the back of newspapers, that's
got to be a bargain.

I got a pair today - they charge their own internal normal nicads from the
sunlight during the day, but seeing as the sun was a bit lacking I gave them
a helping hand with a charger!
They're looking good out there right now..probably keeping the fish awake
though!

The ones I bought in Holland produced about1 milliwatt when new and
less as they got older. I paid about UKP in the loacl equivalent of
B&Q.
--
martin
Old 17-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Shirl

Hi Jonathan (or anyone else who's bought these)

Are you satisfied with the lights? Im looking at ordering two sets for the
back garden but i've been looking round the net and notice lots of ppl
saying you have to be careful which type you order as some lights hardly
give off more than a slight glow! I know nothing about these Maplins ones
and would love some feedback before I order them.

Thanks

Shirl

Old 17-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Jim W

Jonathan wrote:

I've seen people asking in both these groups before, so I thought I'd direct
you to
http://www.maplin.co.uk - code N54AT - 2 solar garden nightlights for £14.99
Seeing as these retail for up to £39 each in the back of newspapers, that's
got to be a bargain.

I got a pair today - they charge their own internal normal nicads from the
sunlight during the day, but seeing as the sun was a bit lacking I gave them
a helping hand with a charger!
They're looking good out there right now..probably keeping the fish awake
though!

If Maplin are doing them at 15 quid then there's got to be somewhere you
can get them cheaper still.. Not bad for retail though.
//
Jim
Old 17-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Jonathan

"Chris" wrote in message
seems to be one for 14.99

Nah - it's buy one get one free. Same on the web as in the shops.

check out the discount voucher offer at the top of the screen

Old 17-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Heringbone

"Jonathan" wrote in message
.. .
"Shirl" wrote in message
Hi Jonathan (or anyone else who's bought these)

Are you satisfied with the lights? Im looking at ordering two sets for

the
back garden but i've been looking round the net and notice lots of ppl
saying you have to be careful which type you order as some lights hardly
give off more than a slight glow! I know nothing about these Maplins

ones
and would love some feedback before I order them.

They're not really meant to "light the way" - yes, they do just give off a
glow.
I'm just going to use them to mark edges of paths. Very satisfied at 2 for
£15, but I'd be ****ed if I'd paid any more!

Give them a miss. Wire in proper 12v lights. Cheaper and better light.
The rechargeable batteries don't last ether, so more expense after a year or
so.

---

Old 17-07-2003, 05:07 PM
martin

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:49:47 +0100, "Jonathan"
wrote:

"Shirl" wrote in message
Hi Jonathan (or anyone else who's bought these)

Are you satisfied with the lights? Im looking at ordering two sets for

the
back garden but i've been looking round the net and notice lots of ppl
saying you have to be careful which type you order as some lights hardly
give off more than a slight glow! I know nothing about these Maplins ones
and would love some feedback before I order them.

They're not really meant to "light the way" - yes, they do just give off a
glow.

They are about as bright as the average glow worm when new.

I was ****ed off!

--
martin

Old 17-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Jim W

Shirl wrote:

Hi Jonathan (or anyone else who's bought these)

Are you satisfied with the lights? Im looking at ordering two sets for the
back garden but i've been looking round the net and notice lots of ppl
saying you have to be careful which type you order as some lights hardly
give off more than a slight glow! I know nothing about these Maplins ones
and would love some feedback before I order them.

Thanks

Thats a very good point.. Maplins source their stuff from all over the
place.. Some of it is good, other stuff not so good.
Re solar lights, there ARE some better ones on the market now.. See the
reader review in Sun Times froma few weeks ago. But there are a lot of
poor quality imitations around, as often with technology!-)
//
Jim
Old 18-07-2003, 08:13 AM
Ady

Jim W wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

I've seen people asking in both these groups before, so I thought I'd direct
you to
http://www.maplin.co.uk - code N54AT - 2 solar garden nightlights for £14.99
Seeing as these retail for up to £39 each in the back of newspapers, that's
got to be a bargain.

I got a pair today - they charge their own internal normal nicads from the
sunlight during the day, but seeing as the sun was a bit lacking I gave them
a helping hand with a charger!
They're looking good out there right now..probably keeping the fish awake
though!

If Maplin are doing them at 15 quid then there's got to be somewhere you
can get them cheaper still.. Not bad for retail though.
//
Jim

Maybe so, but where ? I've searched the net and haven't found any
cheaper alternatives ?
Any suggestions ?

Ady

Old 18-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Shirl

"Jonathan" wrote in message
.. .
"Shirl" wrote in message
Hi Jonathan (or anyone else who's bought these)

Are you satisfied with the lights? Im looking at ordering two sets for

the
back garden but i've been looking round the net and notice lots of ppl
saying you have to be careful which type you order as some lights hardly
give off more than a slight glow! I know nothing about these Maplins

ones
and would love some feedback before I order them.

They're not really meant to "light the way" - yes, they do just give off a
glow.
I'm just going to use them to mark edges of paths. Very satisfied at 2 for
£15, but I'd be ****ed if I'd paid any more!

Ok thanks for the feedback, maybe i'll buy a couple and see how I get on.
Wiring some in isnt an option as i'd probably blow up the neighbourhood!!

Old 18-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Jonathan

"martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:08:28 +0100, "Jonathan"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .

I'm just going to use them to mark edges of paths. Very satisfied at 2

for
£15, but I'd be ****ed if I'd paid any more!

I was ****ed off!

How much?

UKP15 worth. They are worthless.

You mean you paid £15 for a pair, or each?

To put it in perspective, a SINGLE light of the same luminance from, for
example:
http://www.heavens-solar.co.uk/?prod...ights;cart_id=
costs £24 EACH. I still think £15 for two is a bargain!

--
http://www.digitaltoast.co.uk/ - photos and travelogues from around the
world.

---