Old 21-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Grasshopper - Worrisit exactly?

The message
from "Druss" contains these words:

So what do Wart-Biter's 'do' exactly..

bite warts?

Zzzzz.. I knew someone would do that..

No seriously.. Do they bite plants and cause warts? Are they a pest,
predator,.. 'incidental';-) Just green cos they wanna be!
//
Jim

There seems to be a hairy version too. maybe :-)
http://www.esf.edu/efb/gibbs/lab2.htm
--
martin

A hairy wart biter, sounds like we're entering Monty Python territory !

"Nig!"

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.
Old 28-07-2003, 12:25 PM
Martin Richards

"Jim W" wrote
Anyone know about grasshoppers?
http://www.warhams.plus.com/ghopper/

My 4 year old came in at 6.30 on Sunday morning to complain there was an
insect in her room. Told her to ignore it (I can't normally find the
insects she sees, they're so small), went to the loo and found her still
sitting on the landing. Went in, and found the beastie as pictured sitting
on her bedside cabinet. It must have been about 6 inches from her nose when
she woke up... Poor thing :-(

Found another one in the garden later that day, and we had one in our room a
few weeks ago. Green bush cricket was my closest guess from the insect
book, but not heard any chirping from any of them.

Martin

Old 28-07-2003, 01:03 PM
David Hill

2 great grasshopper pics on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Plant IDs please - worrisit ? adm United Kingdom 37 07-06-2006 05:12 PM
OT-Worrisit Rod Craddock United Kingdom 9 12-09-2005 11:46 PM
grasshopper invasion whit Texas 0 18-08-2003 04:42 PM
Help with Grasshopper Identification pressureguy Gardening 0 09-06-2003 08:56 PM
Worrisit? Seed.. Any ideas? Jim W United Kingdom 0 23-04-2003 05:56 AM