Old 24-07-2003, 12:45 AM
David Hill

Default Cut herbs....Cuttings

In Tesco the other day, browsing the reduced items (as is my want), and
found 2 packs of fresh rosemary down to 10p each, got to wondering if they
would provide cuttings,so made the great investment.
At home opened and found then in Good condition, so have taken 30 cuttings
from the 2 packs.
Has anyone else tried this way of getting cuttings?
Could also work with mint and thyme.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 25-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

In Tesco the other day, browsing the reduced items (as is my want), and
found 2 packs of fresh rosemary down to 10p each, got to wondering if they
would provide cuttings,so made the great investment.
At home opened and found then in Good condition, so have taken 30 cuttings
from the 2 packs.
Has anyone else tried this way of getting cuttings?
Could also work with mint and thyme.

I hadn't thought of that, but I've found that their reduced-price pots
of young growing parsley are a lot cheaper than buying seed and raising
my own seedlings to plant out.

Janet.

Old 25-07-2003, 09:14 AM
David Hill

we bought some pots of growing Chives the other day, (Liddles ) reduced to
35p turns out they are Dutch field grown, lifted and literally stuffed into
pots.
They must have been 1yr old plants, solid 4 inch clumps, split in half and
potted into 5 inch pots they were still a good pot full.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 25-07-2003, 09:19 AM
David Hill

we bought some pots of growing Chives the other day, (Liddles ) reduced to
35p turns out they are Dutch field grown, lifted and literally stuffed into
pots.
They must have been 1yr old plants, solid 4 inch clumps, split in half and
potted into 5 inch pots they were still a good pot full.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Cut-Flower Care-How to Make Your Fresh-Cut Flowers Last O My Garden[_2_] Gardening 0 14-09-2007 06:40 AM
[IBC] To cut or not to cut that´s the question. Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 0 04-11-2004 01:39 PM
herbs: to cut or to pinch? hjl Edible Gardening 4 20-04-2004 08:05 PM
To cut or not to cut ? Allen Lai Lawns 4 31-10-2003 11:22 PM
To cut or not to cut .... Allen Lai Lawns 9 12-06-2003 04:56 AM