Old 28-07-2003, 09:24 AM

Default Large bamboo poles

I've got 6 large bamboo poles, approx 2.5 - 3m in length and 8 to 10 cm
wide. However, I've got no idea on what to do with them. Anyone got any
ideas? They should probably go into my 'exotic' garden .....

Best,

- h

Old 28-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Essjay001

H wrote:
I've got 6 large bamboo poles, approx 2.5 - 3m in length and 8 to 10
cm wide. However, I've got no idea on what to do with them. Anyone
got any ideas? They should probably go into my 'exotic' garden .....

This is what I did with mine
http://groups.msn.com/STEPHENJAYSPLA...tion=ShowPhoto
&PhotoID=802
to the right and centre

http://groups.msn.com/STEPHENJAYSPLA...tion=ShowPhoto
&PhotoID=801

not very clear, but I'm sure you'll get the idea

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Old 28-07-2003, 11:23 AM
c.mcculloch

I seem to remember seeing (on TV) an interesting water feature that HRH had
fixed up in his garden, like the deer scarer described in
http://www.beechgrove.co.uk/japanese/japanese.htm

With all your bamboo you could have a whole cascade, with one emptying into
the next to give a sort of drumroll effect rather than a single clack. Of
course, HRH has no neighbours...
Colin

Old 28-07-2003, 10:04 PM
JennyC

"H" wrote in message
I've got 6 large bamboo poles, approx 2.5 - 3m in length and 8 to

10 cm
wide. However, I've got no idea on what to do with them. Anyone got

any
ideas? They should probably go into my 'exotic' garden .....

Make a vertical 'feature' :
Sink them into the ground (concrete in) in a clump, slightly off
centre from vertical in a sea of gravel............

Build an arch - four uprights and two crossbeams..........

Jenny

Old 30-07-2003, 12:42 PM

This is what I did with mine

http://groups.msn.com/STEPHENJAYSPLA...tion=ShowPhoto
&PhotoID=802
to the right and centre

Any chance of a textual explanation? My browser won't allow me to view the
site - and no, it can't be fixed.

Best,

- h

Old 30-07-2003, 12:42 PM

fixed up in his garden, like the deer scarer described in

I've already got a deer scarer draining into the pond. I've also cut one
pole up and stacked the bits in a pile, which is also dribbling water into a
pond.

With all your bamboo you could have a whole cascade, with one emptying

into
the next to give a sort of drumroll effect rather than a single clack. Of
course, HRH has no neighbours...

But I do ;-)

Best,

- h

OT bird feeding poles Broadback[_2_] United Kingdom 10 12-09-2012 10:30 AM
Bamboo Poles Teech North Carolina 8 30-04-2007 04:35 PM
Collected large yews and large maple Mark Planter Bonsai 1 06-04-2005 06:21 PM
Runner Bean Support (Glass Fibre Poles)! EddySon United Kingdom 16 13-06-2004 12:07 PM