Old 01-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Toadstools

"AWM" wrote in
:

All the
turf in my cul de sac was laid on the same day, all my neighbours have
weeds - clover, dandylions and docks the area cut by the contractor is
the worst affected but I don't have weeds and the only difference
between the way I treat my grass and my neghbours is that I set my
mower at slightly a higher setting and don't use a grass box as I
cut the grass 3+ times a week in the peak growing season.

Thanks for this tip (though perhaps not in the way originally intended!) .
I'd wondered why my lawn was filling up with grasses, and I was losing the
gorgeous patchwork of bugle, clover, primroses, periwinkle and daisies that
the previous owner of the house had achieved.

Think I must have been mowing too often and too high.

I've now got a mower with a grass-catcher, so I will try mowing less
regularly (hurray!), and scalping it a bit when I do.

I much prefer the 'weeds' to the grass, so the opposite regime to yours
sounds like just the thing for me.

Victoria

toadstools farmer brown Lawns 2 27-07-2003 09:12 PM
Toadstools in new lawn Aileen Howard United Kingdom 0 04-07-2003 07:56 AM
Toadstools/Mushrooms Shepherd Gardening 1 04-06-2003 05:32 PM
White mushrooms/toadstools in lawn Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 18 07-12-2002 05:55 PM
Getting road of Mushrooms/Toadstools Carl United Kingdom 27 20-11-2002 07:10 PM