Old 03-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Oliver Keating

Default Above ground swimming pools

I am looking around for an above ground swimming pool, now that the sun has
come out.

Unfortunately I have a National trust property and am not allowed to put up
a "structure", so it has to be something that is (at least in theory) not
permanent.

I want something fairly large. I want to be able to exercise.

The most economic option seems to be Intex Swimming pools, for £799 for
their largest - 18 foot diameter (circular).

(see: http://www.jacksons-camping.co.uk/kidstuff/swimming.htm)

That seems like the best option, but everywhere seems to be sold out! Grr

The only other option seems to be the much more expensive - up to £5,050 for
a really big one, 33 by 15 by 4 foot. (see:
http://www.uk-swimmingpools.com/Iaso.htm)

Are there any other ideas?

Old 03-08-2003, 08:03 PM
bnd777

Are you really prepared for the upkeep of a pool ?????
They are hard work for what?????a few days each year in the UK

Old 05-08-2003, 04:22 AM
cross

Oliver Keating wrote in message
I am looking around for an above ground swimming pool, now that the sun

has
come out.

Where do you live? We have an old one which we are about to dump. It needs
a new liner and a bit of repair to the metal struts. Circular, 22ft
diameter.
If you are anywhere near Sussex you are welcome to have a look at it.
Made by Timberland IIRC, Canadian.

Marina

Old 05-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Victoria Clare

"bnd777" wrote in
:
"Oliver Keating" wrote in
message ...
I am looking around for an above ground swimming pool, now that the
sun

has
come out.

Are you really prepared for the upkeep of a pool ?????
They are hard work for what?????a few days each year in the UK

We used to swim in ours regularly from May through to the end of October.
It was well worth the effort required, which was not great.

Sorry, Oliver, can't remember the make now, but it was one with metal
panels encasing a sort of rubbery bag that held the water.

Ours was round: there's a limit to how much active swimming you can do in
circles though, so if you can afford an oval one, go for it.

I did some surfing round last year looking for this sort of site, and was
unimpressed: I don't think the UK industry has got much past basic
brochures yet. You might do better taking a selection from web or Yellow
Pages and going round to check them out in person.

I bookmarked this one: http://www.jensen-davies.co.uk/acatalog/

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Old 05-08-2003, 01:32 PM
David Hill

I came across a very good idea for those that want to Swim.
It was a small pool with a strong pump that made it possible for you to vary
the rate of water flow so that you swim against it, you are in fact are
swimming on the spot,

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Natural Swimming Pools/Ponds Chip Ponds (moderated) 40 23-04-2008 01:10 AM
Looking for In-ground Swimming Pool forum Ross Moody Lawns 6 30-06-2005 05:35 AM
Swimming Pools Dean Krick Ponds 10 04-04-2005 02:53 AM
WTB: Swimming Pool - need crew to install pool in ground GeneS Texas 1 21-06-2004 11:08 PM
how to get above ground pump to work on a below ground pond. matt clark Ponds 8 06-08-2003 02:12 AM