Old 08-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Gardening - test

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

Who is this Frank of which you speak?

[Franz Heymann]

Literal translation I guvax.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

I promise you that I did nothing to cause that top posting. If you look at
the birth of the thread, you will notice that it was the initiator, RR, who
did it. Most of the subsequent correspondents like me, and, of course you
as well (twice on 07/08, tut,tut) just continued without looking at the
crossposting list.
The trouble with *not* following on with crossposting after an initially
crossposted note is that you don't know which of the ng's the oribinator
actually reads. As sure as I am sitting here, he/she does *not* read all
the ng's to which he/she has crossposted. However, I agree entirely with
you that it is a lousy habit.

Most of the groups I subscribe to have a killfile filter for two
crossposts or more. I forgot, or for some reason did not include in my
plonking, URG.

However, those items I have crossposted were intended to have been, as
my newreader defaults to 'reply to group', and I have to make a concious
choice to crosspost.

Good, innit.

Old 08-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

Oh never mind *PLONK*

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Let me guess ...

*PLONK*

:-)

Gosh what fun

*PLONK*

I'd rather have a beer if it's all the same to you.

Old 08-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Ophelia

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

Oh never mind *PLONK*

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Let me guess ...

*PLONK*

:-)

Gosh what fun

*PLONK*

I'd rather have a beer if it's all the same to you.

OH OK .. but plonk isn't bad if served very cold

O.

Old 09-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "A Troll.............. and proud of it"
contains these words:

Anne wrote "No, but top-posters are"

Regards

A Troll.

Can't be a proper troll: he's got a sense of humour....

Old 09-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "anne" contains these words:

Well that's really complicated things (but I am a simple soul). Does this
mean I can add to the very top as long as I add something at the bottom
aswell?

Of course, lots of people do, when they want to say something which is
not a direct reply to text.

(Kay, I'm joking)

Really?

Old 09-08-2003, 06:04 AM
murphy

In article om, "Cybe R.
Wizard" wrote:

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 02:35:15 +0100
"anne" wrote:

Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, GNOME is a desktop program for Linux. ;-]

Cybe R. Wizard

....yoo hoo!!!....fancy finding you here....i just stumbled in looking for
help with a tree question...G

murphy
Old 09-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Ophelia

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

I'd rather have a beer if it's all the same to you.

OH OK .. but plonk isn't bad if served very cold

On a stick?

That one is new to me but I am game to try it)

Old 09-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

I'd rather have a beer if it's all the same to you.

OH OK .. but plonk isn't bad if served very cold

On a stick?

That one is new to me but I am game to try it)

The alcohol content of plonk can be increased markedly as follows:
Pour the wine into a "conical" pyrex dish. The sort of thing one uses as a
jelly mould.
Freeze it hard.
Put it upside down in a shallow soup bowl
Allow it to unfreeze slowly.
The first liquid which comes off is of considerably higher alcohol content
than the original wine.
Pour off the liquid frequently, and taste it as you go.
The alcohol content decreases as time passes, until at the end the melt is
almost pure water.
The trick lies in making the decision when you should start discarding the
remainder.

[Franz Heymann]

Old 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Ophelia

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks I will try it Once! LOL and before you comment yes you are off my
block

Ophelia
Scotland

Old 09-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"Ophelia" wrote in message

[...]

I used to treat gallons and gallons of home made wine in this way. It
rendered the stuff potable.

[Franz Heymann]

Old 09-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Ophelia

"Ophelia" wrote in message

[...]

What is the alcohol like.. something like vodka?

Old 09-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Franz Heymann

"Ophelia" wrote in message

[...]

No. I have never managed to reach that level. I would compare it more to a
sherry or a vermouth in alcoholic content. (But not in taste!)

[Franz Heymann]