Old 17-08-2003, 10:33 PM
David Hill

Default RAGWORT moving off topic

"..... I trust that you do not use broad band insecticides. .........."

Now if they can really offer that then it could be the best reason yet for
moving from ordinary Internet service to Broadband.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 18-08-2003, 03:21 AM
anne

David Hill wrote in message
"..... I trust that you do not use broad band insecticides. .........."

Now if they can really offer that then it could be the best reason yet for
moving from ordinary Internet service to Broadband.

Moving this "off topic" means we get two threads re it. Please refrain from
this practice.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 18-08-2003, 09:44 AM
martin

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:31:53 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

"..... I trust that you do not use broad band insecticides. .........."

Now if they can really offer that then it could be the best reason yet for
moving from ordinary Internet service to Broadband.

What about the worms and viruses?
--
Martin
Old 18-08-2003, 09:44 AM
martin

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 03:02:45 +0100, "anne"
wrote:

David Hill wrote in message
"..... I trust that you do not use broad band insecticides. .........."

Now if they can really offer that then it could be the best reason yet for
moving from ordinary Internet service to Broadband.

Moving this "off topic" means we get two threads re it. Please refrain from
this practice.

This thread has nothing to do with Ragwort.
--
Martin

Old 18-08-2003, 10:02 AM
David Hill

".........Moving this "off topic" means we get two threads re it. Please
refrain from this practice........."

And this makes 3.

Sorry Madam

David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Old 18-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , anne
writes

Moving this "off topic" means we get two threads re it.

Depends on what kind of news reader you have.
Mine keeps it in the same thread - just highlights the thread heading.

Please refrain from
this practice.

It's a perfectly acceptable practice and has been used for years on this
group. I suggest you get yourself a decent news reader.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Old 18-08-2003, 12:42 PM
sw

David Hill wrote:

"..... I trust that you do not use broad band insecticides. .........."

Now if they can really offer that then it could be the best reason yet for
moving from ordinary Internet service to Broadband.

hmmm. I rather like the thought of something systemic to kill spam at
the roots :-)

regards
sarah

--
Think of it as evolution in action.
Old 19-08-2003, 01:43 AM
sw

David P wrote:

In article ,
says...
David Hill wrote:

"..... I trust that you do not use broad band insecticides. .........."

Now if they can really offer that then it could be the best reason yet for
moving from ordinary Internet service to Broadband.

hmmm. I rather like the thought of something systemic to kill spam at
the roots :-)

I find it rather disconcerting that the group has a lengthy thread
entitled 'Worm compost'.....

Not to mention the propagation of Blaster by cross-posting.

Den of iniquity in here.

Now you're here :-)

regards
sarah

--
Think of it as evolution in action.
Old 20-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from David P contains these words:

Actually I was meaning how the people who tend to drift into one another
across groups compartmentalise their conversations rather than the groups
being compartmentalised. Its almost as if: when in the garden you can
only speak of garden things, whereas in the kitchen you can only discuss
the cooking; the fact that you can, IRL, look out of the kitchen window
and comment on something in the garden just doesn't happen on Usenet.

IYSWIM

Y,BIDAWY. Come and visit us in the Shed if you don't believe me.

[notice how I carefully got a 'garden' simile in to try and get back 'on-
group' if nowt else?]

You need an excuse? Quelle Netiquette!

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to
Old 20-08-2003, 08:12 PM
David P

In article ,
says...

I must remember to deliver the walnut tree!

I've started digging!
--
David
Visit

Ragwort ©¿© United Kingdom 0 09-08-2006 11:50 AM
Dwarf fruit in containers- moving off topic David Hill Gardening 9 05-05-2004 04:03 AM
Ragwort again Kay Easton United Kingdom 0 22-09-2003 06:32 PM
RAGWORT Kate Morgan United Kingdom 121 26-08-2003 11:02 PM
Hysteria over Ragwort Neil Jones United Kingdom 83 25-08-2003 11:22 AM