Old 20-09-2003, 08:02 PM
David Moore

Default Google toolbar

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , David Moore
writes
"Keith Thompson" wrote in message
. ..
In message ,

Aphodius
writes

and use Google instead.

We've tried this and it looks useful. Have you found a way to make it
search the web UK only?

On the Google toolbar you should see the Google name/logo with a small

black
triangle to the right of it. Click on this and a drop down menu appears.

Go
to "Options" and choose google.co.uk from the drop down menu.

Despite having done this Google still searches world-wide though it does
present an option at the top of the results to repeat the search with
pages from the UK.

--
dave @ stejonda

to reply by email send to 2003reply at stejonda freeuk com

Strange! Sorry to mislead anyone but I always assumed that it would then
search google.co.uk by default. I'm not certain but what it seems to do then
is to set your preferred country to the UK. It appears that if you click on
"search web" it searches google.com but gives the results on a page with the
option to just search google.co.uk, exactly as you say.

However if you click on the dropdown alongside "search web" there is an
option that says "search couintry". Choosing this, I think, means that it
searches only google.co.uk.

Old 21-09-2003, 12:52 AM
NWalch

Somebody posts a link to his own website about how to build a pond
filter (relevent to gardening) and people go mad because it has links
to a few suppliers (which might actualy be useful for people wanting
to build such a filter) and yet 10+ posts about a tool from Google are
posted without anyone mentioning it. The original post didnt even have
OT: against it.

Roll on more posts about viruses (of the computer kind) and PC tools
and down with useful posts about ponds and such. I'm off to uk.comp.pc
to read about how to get rid of aphids!

just an observation.

Nick