Old 24-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Steve Harris

Default Lawnmower advice

I've just sown some grass seed and plan to do some more very soon. When
should I get a mower?

- Don't bother until next spring?
- In a couple of months time?
- Now because I'll need it before Christmas but there won't be any in
the shops soon?

Choice of mower? It's about 10 sq m of mainly shaded lawn. I'd like it
to look a *bit* better than average but a striped bowls standard is OTT.

Thanks!

Old 24-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I've just sown some grass seed and plan to do some more very soon. When
should I get a mower?

- Don't bother until next spring?
- In a couple of months time?
- Now because I'll need it before Christmas but there won't be any in
the shops soon?

Choice of mower? It's about 10 sq m of mainly shaded lawn. I'd like it
to look a *bit* better than average but a striped bowls standard is OTT.

If you are as lazy as I am, you will not touch it till next spring. And the
grass will be all the better for it.

Franz

Old 24-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:48 +0100 (BST), Steve Harris wrote:

I've just sown some grass seed and plan to do some more very soon.
When should I get a mower?

- Don't bother until next spring?

Probably, even down in the balmy south I don't think freshly sown seed
will do much until the spring.

Choice of mower? It's about 10 sq m of mainly shaded lawn.

10 sq m as in a bit of land 2m wide and 5m long or a bit of land 10m
each side. Either way even the largest size isn't that big and
assuming you are moderatly able I'd go for a cylinder push. This will
give you the nice stripes (if you like that sort of thing) and a
little bit of excercise as well.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 25-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Philippe Gautier

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:48 +0100 (BST), Steve Harris wrote:

Choice of mower? It's about 10 sq m of mainly shaded lawn.

10 sq m as in a bit of land 2m wide and 5m long or a bit of land 10m
each side. Either way even the largest size isn't that big and
assuming you are moderatly able I'd go for a cylinder push. This will
give you the nice stripes (if you like that sort of thing) and a
little bit of excercise as well.

I'll second that. my lawn is 9m x 6m and I am perfectly happy with my
cylinder push. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I bought it
(it's a Ginge/Al-ko 28 cm, bought for £6)). I had the vague memory of
some old rusted mower very hard to push, but this is really easy and quick.

Philippe

Old 25-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Philippe Gautier

Philippe Gautier wrote:

(it's a Ginge/Al-ko 28 cm, bought for £6)).

Oops, I meant £60...