Old 26-09-2003, 11:11 AM
john west++++

Default elegant protection for two pot plants

hi, we have aquired two plants this year both in pots. one a wisteria and
one, 'name unknown', but delicate.

we don't have a green house outside only a small patio. what could i put
these two pot plants in to 'protect from frost' please?

we have seen 'min' greenhouses, like big clear plastic cupboards, but they
are 'plastic' and plastic looking; and to our mind don't 'look the part'
for a tiny patio.

any suggestions please?

Old 26-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"john west++++" wrote in message
hi, we have aquired two plants this year both in pots. one a

wisteria and
one, 'name unknown', but delicate.

we don't have a green house outside only a small patio. what could i

put
these two pot plants in to 'protect from frost' please?

we have seen 'min' greenhouses, like big clear plastic cupboards,

but they
are 'plastic' and plastic looking; and to our mind don't 'look the

part'
for a tiny patio.

any suggestions please?

John,

A wisteria is not really a pot plant and should be planted outside
against a wall, where it grows to enormous proportions.
It is a hardy shrub so you wouldn't need to protect it.

Now would be a good time to plant it.

Iris McCanna

Old 26-09-2003, 01:02 PM
JennyC

"Barry & Iris McCanna" wrote
"john west++++" wrote
hi, we have aquired two plants this year both in pots. one a

wisteria and one, 'name unknown', but delicate.
we don't have a green house outside only a small patio. what could

put these two pot plants in to 'protect from frost' please?
we have seen 'min' greenhouses, like big clear plastic

cupboards,
but they are 'plastic' and plastic looking; and to our mind don't

'look the
part' for a tiny patio.
any suggestions please?

John,

A wisteria is not really a pot plant and should be planted outside
against a wall, where it grows to enormous proportions.
It is a hardy shrub so you wouldn't need to protect it.
Now would be a good time to plant it.
Iris McCanna

I agree with Iris about the wisteria. It will end up breaking the
eventually :~))

Maybe you could put a picture of the other plant on the web somewhere
so that we can identify it for you ?

Jenny

Old 26-09-2003, 11:15 PM
john west++++

thanks for your response, unfortunately we are not able to put the wisteria
in the ground. they can look nice in big tubs though, don't you think?
being in a tub though it seems to me it will need protection of some kind
from
frost. but these mini plastic greenhouses do not look good on a tiny patio
we think.

Old 27-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Natalie

"john west++++" wrote in message
thanks for your response, unfortunately we are not able to put the

wisteria
in the ground. they can look nice in big tubs though, don't you think?
being in a tub though it seems to me it will need protection of some kind
from
frost. but these mini plastic greenhouses do not look good on a tiny

patio
we think.

Your wisteria can be grown in a tub but it will do a lot better in the
ground. There is no need to give it any protection...they are totally
hardy.

Natalie

Old 27-09-2003, 09:22 PM
john west++++

unfortunately we are not able to put the wisteria in the ground. the other
plant is from a sub tropical climate, is in a pot, and needs some sort of
protection from from frost.