Old 10-10-2003, 11:12 AM
dylan

Default herbs - another question (sorry)

I've been growing herbs quite successfully on my balcony in Brussels
over the summer.

Which ones do I need to bring in during the winter, which may be quite
harsh here, with temps occasionally dropping to -5C, which can I
safely leave and which ones are annual?

I'm a complete gardening newbie, so apologies for the stupid
questions:

I have:

Lavender
Chives
Sage
Flat leaf parsley
Basil
Rosemary
Bay
Thyme
Mint
Roquette - not a herb, but is it annual?
Old 10-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Philippe Gautier

I think they are all relatively hardy except basil, at least in the
garden (not in containers). (don't know anything about roquette). The
problem is if your containers are not well drained and when it's
freezing, they become a block of ice.... Can you not put your containers
right against the house wall where presumably it will not be as cold?

Philippe, Edinburgh

PS: hello to Brussels (my birth place)

Sorry ... Another Identification please ! Mido Orchids 8 16-09-2007 08:18 PM
another test, sorry Windy Gardening 2 04-04-2007 05:42 AM
Sorry all, it's me again with another fert question... Justin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 07-09-2005 03:08 PM
question of herbs miklol United Kingdom 7 05-06-2003 09:20 AM
question of herbs miklol United Kingdom 7 05-06-2003 12:22 AM