Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Tim James

Default planting raspberries - in peat ?

Hi all,

I have prepared a site for some Autumn Bliss raspberries for the first
time this year. I was surprised to see Dr. Hessayon in his "Fruit
Expert" advise a half topsoil / half peat planting mixture. He says
this is to prevent some kind of "shock" when moving into 100% topsoil.

Does anyone have experience of planting Autumn Bliss or any other kind
of raspberry, for that matter ? I wonder if the peat is essential ? I
don't actually know where I'd get some from if it was, or if there is
now an alternative.

I'd really appreciate some advice on this subject, and where better to
turn than this group of experts ?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Peat David Hill United Kingdom 3 04-10-2012 08:21 PM
Coir peat vs peat moss Mark Mantolfo Bonsai 1 21-01-2005 01:38 PM
How to test peat H2O for GH & KH Mike Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 06:24 AM
How to test peat H2O for GH & KH Mike Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 12-03-2003 08:46 AM
Useful Info - Cheap Peat Pots in ASDA Sarah Dale United Kingdom 0 19-02-2003 06:50 PM