Old 02-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Sanitising greenhouse soil.

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

[snip]

You are behind the times. I have now for the fifth time indicated that
I am
sick and tired of this miserable topic.

Five? !!!!! Your endless self-preoccupation knows no limits.

Yes. Folks of your ilk seem to wish to prolong the topic beyond its
eat-by-date

Those
"indications" are not in this thread, and like Victoria, I've stopped
reading threads which you've already cluttered up with boring
repetitions.

How come you are writing quite unnecessarily to this thread?

That was the point of her complaint, remember?

May I suggest that you drop the subject once and for all?
And remember, you are very welcome to killfile me. I would recommend it,
and indeed, I look forward to it with keen anticipation.

Franz

Old 02-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Janet Tweedy
writes

I'm hoping this will get the dreaded red spider mite .............

I'm getting some success with the biological control. It feels as if
nothing is happening, and there's very little sign of the predators, but
a few weeks later everything seems to have much healthier leaves.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Its the Red spider control that I have always found the best value for
money, as you say above about 3 weeks after you introduce the predators you
notice the plants look happier, trick is timing it in the spring :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 03-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Victoria Clare

"Franz Heymann" wrote in
:

Sorry, Victoria, but it was not I who introduced the word "Sodium
Bicarbonate" in this thread.
You may not believe it, but I am genuinely trying to find out what
organic gardening is about.

Yes. Can you do it in one thread, not all of them?

If someone else mentions a topic in this thread that you are already
discussing elsewhere, you don't *have* to discuss it twice!

This thread is about greenhouse sanitation, not definitions of 'organic'.

As there is already a thread discussing 'organic', I suggest you reference
this thread from that one where relevant, rather than posting on the same
topic in both: that will make both threads easier to follow.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 03-11-2003, 05:25 PM
Franz Heymann

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...
"Franz Heymann" wrote in
:

Sorry, Victoria, but it was not I who introduced the word "Sodium
Bicarbonate" in this thread.
You may not believe it, but I am genuinely trying to find out what
organic gardening is about.

Yes. Can you do it in one thread, not all of them?

I did not raise it in any threads in which it was off topic.
If you look back, you will find that the most virulent arracks on me were in
a thread started by someone else with the specific aim of doing harm to me.

If someone else mentions a topic in this thread that you are already
discussing elsewhere, you don't *have* to discuss it twice!

I don't follow that argument at all. What matters is whether ot is on topic
wherever it crops up.

This thread is about greenhouse sanitation, not definitions of 'organic'.

As there is already a thread discussing 'organic', I suggest you reference
this thread from that one where relevant, rather than posting on the same
topic in both: that will make both threads easier to follow.

You might have a point there.
However, you are somewhat late in bringing this up, because I stopped
posting on this topic some time ago.

Franz

Old 03-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Nick Wagg

Franz Heymann wrote:

I did not raise it in any threads in which it was off topic...

I used to lurk and occasionally post to this group a little while ago
and have now returned after a break. The first thing that struck me
was the sensitivity of Mr. Heymann to any criticism of his own posts
while displaying total insensitivity to the posts of others.

We are discussing gardening, not points of law. Just imagine that
we are all sitting in deck chairs in a garden in the warm sunshine,
enjoying glasses of mildly intoxicating beverages of choice. The bees
are buzzing and the birds are singing.

I am sure that you have some really useful points to make that we can
all benefit from. Just don't spoil the ambience.
--
Nick Wagg

Old 03-11-2003, 11:23 PM
SRic385427

Most Fungal deseases that occur in glasshouse environments are a symptom of
plants being kept under stressfull conditions.
Mildew is a secondary infection.
Mildew spores are in the atmosphere all of the time and only infect plants in
poor condition.
The main causes of infection are ,overwatering
underwatering or a combination of both i.e, too wet then too dry and so on.
Whilst good hygeine is very important under glass ,so is good irrigation and
ventilation.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

Its the Red spider control that I have always found the best value for
money, as you say above about 3 weeks after you introduce the predators you
notice the plants look happier, trick is timing it in the spring :~)

I must get it wrong Charlie as I've tried a large lot at least twice now
and though some leaves do appear to recover it doesn't clear them all up
and then they go on the increase again.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy