Old 21-11-2003, 04:27 PM
martin

Default OT threads

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:51:14 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
"...........I have not counted the amount of OT threads here in URG,

but
find that there is less and less about gardening ........"

A posting only becomes a thread if people respond to it.

Wise words indeed, but alas, not all urglers (including me) remember in
time. {:-((
Franz

Oh dear - what have I started :~)

An OT thread witin an OT thread, but a fun thread withal.

The sooner that OED arrives the better :-)
--
Martin

Old 21-11-2003, 04:32 PM
martin

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:21:48 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .

"David Hill" wrote in message
"...........I have not counted the amount of OT threads here in

URG,
but
find that there is less and less about gardening ........"

A posting only becomes a thread if people respond to it.

Wise words indeed, but alas, not all urglers (including me) remember

in
time. {:-((
Franz

Oh dear - what have I started :~)

An OT thread witin an OT thread, but a fun thread withal.

The sooner that OED arrives the better :-)

Just checking to see if you were awake.

Just checking to see if you had remembered :-)

It's on it's way.
--
Martin
Old 21-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Franz Heymann

"martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:21:48 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in

message
"...........I have not counted the amount of OT threads here in

URG,
but
find that there is less and less about gardening ........"

A posting only becomes a thread if people respond to it.

Wise words indeed, but alas, not all urglers (including me)

remember
in
time. {:-((
Franz

Oh dear - what have I started :~)

An OT thread witin an OT thread, but a fun thread withal.

The sooner that OED arrives the better :-)

Just checking to see if you were awake.

Just checking to see if you had remembered :-)

It's on it's way.

Looking forward to it.

Franz

Old 22-11-2003, 02:08 AM
David Hill

"...........Bonsai with a difference! Contemplate your navel .........."

Ahhhh ........... Bonsai Orange ?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 22-11-2003, 02:08 AM
martin

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:35:04 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

"...........Bonsai with a difference! Contemplate your navel .........."

Ahhhh ........... Bonsai Orange ?

Hup! Holland Hup! ?
--
Martin
Old 23-11-2003, 07:23 AM
JennyC

"Franz Heymann" wrote
"JennyC" wrote

My local garden centre has closed the garden equipment section completely
I wanted one of those thingamabobs that show the moisture in the soil but

they were out of reach behind the Xmas baubles..........grrrrrrrr

They are about as close to a fraud as it is possible to be without actually
being one. They effectively measure the electrical conductivity of the
soil, of which the moisture content is but one contributing cause..
Franz

Possibly true but they do seem to work for me :~)
Do you know of a better / cheaper / more efficient method ?
Jenny

Old 23-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Franz Heymann

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote
"JennyC" wrote

My local garden centre has closed the garden equipment section

completely
I wanted one of those thingamabobs that show the moisture in the soil

but
they were out of reach behind the Xmas baubles..........grrrrrrrr

They are about as close to a fraud as it is possible to be without

actually
being one. They effectively measure the electrical conductivity of the
soil, of which the moisture content is but one contributing cause..
Franz

Possibly true but they do seem to work for me :~)
Do you know of a better / cheaper / more efficient method ?

Small and moderate pots: Feel the weight. One gets used to judging.
Large pots and open soil: Scrabble in it and see if it is moist an inch or
so beolw the surface.

Franz

Old 23-11-2003, 10:12 AM
martin

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:55:03 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"JennyC" wrote in message

[...]

Perhaps using an instrument designed for measuring water content in
the hulls of boats suffering from osmosis.
--
Martin
Old 23-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Robert

: "..............As is George Bush's visit - never mind whether one is
: for or against. I don't think he'll be coming to my garden :O))....."
:
: No problem with another Bush in your garden............but the 5 ton
: Limo and the 200+ security personnel would do real damage

the bullshit would do the rhubarb a lot of good though

Old 23-11-2003, 05:33 PM
JennyC

[...]

I have too many pots in the GH to do that :~)
Jenny

Old 23-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Franz Heymann

"JennyC" wrote in message

[...]

Well, as long as you regard the moisture meter as just a qualitative
indicator, or an emergency signal, you might as well use it.

Franz