Old 27-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Is there anyone there?

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:46:19 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

note to self

Must test the UPS to see how long it will last now - it's getting on a bit.

Note: You must get batteries for your life support system.

Same thing.

(Must be ten years old by now, and still allows me to close down a big
program, windows etc. What I'm afraid of is the power going off in the
middle of loading something, a big download or a defrag. Then there's my
pacemaker, iron lung and zzzzzzzbbbbbbb *GASP!*)

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 29-11-2003, 09:34 AM
anton

John Flax wrote in message ...

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

First sign of madness, John.

--
Anton

Old 29-11-2003, 12:21 PM
Registered User

Location: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally posted by anton
John Flax wrote in message ...

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

First sign of madness, John.

--
Anton

No its only madness when you answer yourself back!
__________________
Anita X
Old 29-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message m
from anita contains these words:
anton wrote:
*John Flax wrote in message ...

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

First sign of madness, John.

No its only madness when you answer yourself back!

Nonsense! I find I'm very sensible, and never argue with myself.

Old 29-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these words:

anton wrote:
*John Flax wrote in message ...

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

First sign of madness, John.

No its only madness when you answer yourself back!

Nonsense! I find I'm very sensible, and never argue with myself.

You must be a pushover :-)

When talking to myself, I can't help noticing that even if there's an
argument I invariably win, because I'm always right.

Janet.

Old 29-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

Nonsense! I find I'm very sensible, and never argue with myself.

You must be a pushover :-)

When talking to myself, I can't help noticing that even if there's an
argument I invariably win, because I'm always right.

Hmm. I always end up in a stalemate, with each side agreeing that the
other has a good case, but is looking at the problem from the wrong
angle :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 30-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message

Hmm. I always end up in a stalemate, with each side agreeing that the
other has a good case, but is looking at the problem from the wrong
angle :-)

Moore

Two buttocks of one bum?

/Moore

--
Rusty Hinge

Old 30-11-2003, 11:43 AM
VivienB

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:22:08 +0000 (UTC),
(jane) wrote:

(the cat doesn't count)

Ours does - he always knows when he is being fobbed off with only one
or two treats instead of the three or four he is used to.

Regards, VivienB

Old 30-11-2003, 11:43 AM
martin

(jane) wrote:

(the cat doesn't count)

Ours does - he always knows when he is being fobbed off with only one
or two treats instead of the three or four he is used to.

So do our two, too!
--
Martin