Old 28-12-2003, 12:42 PM
seven

Default violas and pansies

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"seven" wrote in message

Fit like the day ma loon?))))

lol

I am nae a loon!

But I am fine, we have a covering of snow here.

Oooops... sorry quinie)

np

)

Old 28-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Franz Heymann

"martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:08:17 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , K
writes

Violas and pansies are lovely aren't they and they come in so many

different
shades and colour combinations and they do flower for such a long

time.

I've found that pansies get eaten by slugs but violas don't.

My slugs are less discerning. I lost practically all my pansies *and*
violas during a one week onslaught by an army of slugs.

isn't the collective noun for slugs a coven?

No. A flock of slugs, but mine nonetheless behaved like an advancing army

Franz

Old 28-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Ophelia

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

No. A flock of slugs, but mine nonetheless behaved like an advancing army

Huh.. ask me how I know that slugs behaved in that way? I hate them and
have been driven to using slug pellets

Old 28-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Franz Heymann

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

No. A flock of slugs, but mine nonetheless behaved like an advancing

army

Huh.. ask me how I know that slugs behaved in that way? I hate them and
have been driven to using slug pellets

Me too. Anybody who suggests there is an alternative is whistling
tunelessly.
I tried the sunken beer container last year, but my slugs were teetotal.

Franz

Old 28-12-2003, 11:08 PM
martin

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:45:56 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

No. A flock of slugs, but mine nonetheless behaved like an advancing

army

Huh.. ask me how I know that slugs behaved in that way? I hate them and
have been driven to using slug pellets

Me too. Anybody who suggests there is an alternative is whistling
tunelessly.
I tried the sunken beer container last year, but my slugs were teetotal.

H*in*k*n beer was used to "cull" our slugs. Maybe Dutch slugs are as
daft as those, who drink H**n*k*n normally. It has the same effect on
slugs, but acts quicker.

--
Martin