Old 06-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Edible plant taxonomy

In article , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
I think you should have kola (Cola acuminata - Malvaceae/Byttneroideae),

Oops. Memory glitch. Cola acuminata is in Sterculioideae,
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 06-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Tim Tyler writes

Judging by: http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/ I seem to have stumbled onto
a bit of a mallow expert ;-)

...but no pictures of okra, cocoa or durian? What gives? ;-)

For okra see Abelmoschus Gallery.
For cocao see Theobroma Gallery.

Photographing durians in the UK is a little difficult; they're not
hardy, and they're too big for glasshouses.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 06-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Tim Tyler

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote or quoted:
In article , Tim Tyler writes

Judging by: http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/ I seem to have stumbled onto
a bit of a mallow expert ;-)

...but no pictures of okra, cocoa or durian? What gives? ;-)

For okra see Abelmoschus Gallery.
For cocao see Theobroma Gallery.

OK - now I feel stupid ;-)

Photographing durians in the UK is a little difficult; they're not
hardy, and they're too big for glasshouses.

I have some durian photographs. The fruit only, though - I'm afraid.

http://timtyler.org/fruit/

Perhaps not in your format - but in the public domain - if you do have
a use for them.

Mmmm, durian ;-)
--
__________
Old 06-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Tim Tyler contains these words:

The only "mallow family" plant's I've consumed personally are okra,
chocolate and durian. However, I'm extremely curious about other
members of the family - since they plainly have remarkable relatives.

The root of the common mallow (Malva sylvestris) can be eaten and/or
used as a medicine.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 06-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Tim Tyler contains these words:

The only "mallow family" plant's I've consumed personally are okra,
chocolate and durian. However, I'm extremely curious about other
members of the family - since they plainly have remarkable relatives.

The root of the common mallow (Malva sylvestris) can be eaten and/or
used as a medicine.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Color not edible #2 - Color not edible.jpg (1/1) William Wagner[_2_] Garden Photos 0 30-06-2007 05:30 PM
Plant ID Taxonomy? Stubby Gardening 8 22-07-2005 02:31 AM
Koi/Goldfish taxonomy FAQ? J. Douglas Mercer Ponds 0 28-04-2003 07:08 AM
Taxonomy H E L P HIP n TX Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:10 AM