Old 20-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Lazarus Cooke

Default squirrels and bulbs

My lawn is full of little holes where a grey squirrel has dug up and
eaten my newly planted bulbs. Anything I can do other than chicken
wire?

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address
Old 20-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Martin Sykes

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
om...
My lawn is full of little holes where a grey squirrel has dug up and
eaten my newly planted bulbs. Anything I can do other than chicken
wire?

Lazarus

Put out peanuts. I doubt they'll bother digging for bulbs if there is easier
food around.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 20-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Mike

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
om...
My lawn is full of little holes where a grey squirrel has dug up and
eaten my newly planted bulbs. Anything I can do other than chicken
wire?

Move to the Isle of Wight where there are no Grey Tree Rats?

Mike

Old 20-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Lazarus Cooke

In article , Martin Sykes
wrote:

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
om...
My lawn is full of little holes where a grey squirrel has dug up and
eaten my newly planted bulbs. Anything I can do other than chicken
wire?

Lazarus

Put out peanuts. I doubt they'll bother digging for bulbs if there is easier
food around.

I thought of that. Good idea. I think I'll do it.

Remover the rock from the email address
Old 20-01-2004, 08:40 PM
VivienB

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:00:51 -0000, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

Put out peanuts. I doubt they'll bother digging for bulbs if there is easier
food around.

I put out lots of peanuts. More bulbs are being dug up this year than
ever before (Sorry!). I am just glad that we seem to have only the one
squirrel.

Regards, VivienB