Old 23-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Garden Storage

In message , Rod
writes
Andrew May wrote:

I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,

Andrew

A few firms like Clarke's tools - possibly Screwfix as well do big lockable
metal boxes that are meant to be bolted down in the back of a truck. Probably
worth a look.

Depends on how big we are talking I guess, maybe something like one of
the metal storage 'cupboards' you can get, this sort of thing:

Not cheap though.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:
Old 24-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Cicero

"Andrew May" wrote in message
om...
I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,

Andrew

===============
B&Q do a range of plastic storage sheds but they're a bit expensive - about
£99-00. A possible alternative would be a second hand stationery cupboard -
about 6' high X 3' wide X 18" deep. They're usually painted grey but easily
repainted to a better colour. I used one for years in a previous house /
garden. Quite secure and no real problems from condensation.

Cic.

Old 25-01-2004, 03:38 AM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from "Cicero" contains these words:

"Andrew May" wrote in message
om...
I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,

Andrew

===============
B&Q do a range of plastic storage sheds but they're a bit expensive - about
£99-00.

We erected one of those around our (remote) waterpump and its meter,
about 8 years ago. They are good weather protection,but not
"sufficiently secure to keep expensive garden equipment in" imho. All
the corners could easily be jemmied in seconds. If we'd used a padlock
it would have been stronger than the plastic doorloops it held together
(we just used a plastic ziptie, easier for the meter man too).

Janet.

Old 27-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Andrew May

Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote in message ...
In message , Rod
writes
A few firms like Clarke's tools - possibly Screwfix as well do big lockable
metal boxes that are meant to be bolted down in the back of a truck. Probably
worth a look.

Depends on how big we are talking I guess, maybe something like one of
the metal storage 'cupboards' you can get, this sort of thing:

Not cheap though.

Ouch!

That is indeed the sort of thing that I was thinking of but I see what
you mean when you say not cheap. Now just need to find a cheaper
option that doesn't compromise on security. Or, perhaps investigate
making my own.

Andrew