Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
martin

Default Mail order vegetables

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:53:24 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote
in message ...
In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail order
cherry tomato plants?

Dobies:

http://www.dobies.co.uk/cffiles/resu...08&cat_ca_ref=
527

Took me about 5 minutes to find. note it's a framed site, so this breaks
the frames.

But a GBP7 ish for 5 plants (plus postage I guess) it's an expensive way
to get such easily grown plants.

Thanks - this is the kind of service I was looking for.

Unfortunately the site seems to be partially broken at the moment - can't
get the details of individual items.

I can't get anything other than multiple copies of the top page.

Now all I need is one which will supply a 'variety box' - I'll have one
yellow cherry tom, one red cherry tom, one yellow pepper, one red pepper, a
cucumber, a courgette, .........

This is the way you would shop at a garden centre and allows you to grow a
variety of vegetables without having to buy about 500 seeds or 50 plants.

Perhaps this is a business opportunity? :-)

Perhaps it's simpler to visit a garden centre? :-)

I couldn't get the website to work properly, I tried several browsers
- IE, Mozilla and Opera
--
Martin
Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Nick Wagg

martin wrote:

I couldn't get the website to work properly, I tried several browsers
- IE, Mozilla and Opera

Fine in Firebird.
--
Nick Wagg

Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
martin

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:05:58 +0000, Nick Wagg
wrote:

martin wrote:

I couldn't get the website to work properly, I tried several browsers
- IE, Mozilla and Opera

Fine in Firebird.

Never heard of it :-)

Off to google!
--
Martin

Old 05-02-2004, 06:48 PM
bigboard

wrote:

martin wrote:

I couldn't get the website to work properly, I tried several browsers
- IE, Mozilla and Opera

Fine in Firebird.

Never heard of it :-)

Off to google!

Mozilla Firebird. I can heartily recommend it.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:48 PM
martin

wrote:

martin wrote:

I couldn't get the website to work properly, I tried several browsers
- IE, Mozilla and Opera

Fine in Firebird.

Never heard of it :-)

Off to google!

Mozilla Firebird. I can heartily recommend it.

What's the advantage over Mozilla? I downloaded Firebird and
afterwards wondered why I had troubled.
--
Martin

Old 05-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , martin
writes
wrote:

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote
in message ...
In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail order
cherry tomato plants?

Dobies:

http://www.dobies.co.uk/cffiles/resu...08&cat_ca_ref=
527

Took me about 5 minutes to find. note it's a framed site, so this breaks
the frames.

Unfortunately the site seems to be partially broken at the moment - can't
get the details of individual items.

I can't get anything other than multiple copies of the top page.

I couldn't get the website to work properly, I tried several browsers
- IE, Mozilla and Opera

I did break their frames to give a direct link to the page. So that
could well ******** up the navigation.

The site worked fine for me (Opera 7.5), that's how i found it, but you
may need to go back to Dobies home page http://www.dobies.co.uk/ and
navigate from there.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

Old 05-02-2004, 08:05 PM
martin

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:13:26 +0000, Chris French and Helen Johnson
wrote:

In message , martin
writes
wrote:

[...]

It doesn't work properly with Opera 7.23

I give up.
--
Martin
Old 06-02-2004, 10:17 AM
bigboard

wrote:

martin wrote:

I couldn't get the website to work properly, I tried several browsers
- IE, Mozilla and Opera

Fine in Firebird.

Never heard of it :-)

Off to google!

Mozilla Firebird. I can heartily recommend it.

What's the advantage over Mozilla? I downloaded Firebird and
afterwards wondered why I had troubled.

It's been separated from all the cruft of the newsreader, mail client,
web page designer, etc. It loads quicker and the rendering engine is
faster. I think it looks nicer than Mozilla too!