Old 03-02-2004, 01:07 PM
martin

Default Mail order vegetables

A google search produced this site
http://www.gonegardening.com/xq/ASP/..._shop/dept.htm
--
Martin
Old 05-02-2004, 06:44 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"martin" wrote in message
A google search produced this site

http://www.gonegardening.com/xq/ASP/..._shop/dept.htm
--
Martin

Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail order
cherry tomato plants?

Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
martin

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:38:51 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
A google search produced this site

http://www.gonegardening.com/xq/ASP/..._shop/dept.htm
--
Martin

Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail order
cherry tomato plants?

I leave that as a google exercise to you. :-)

The site has potatoes, vines, onions, shallots and garlic etc. on sale
by mail order.
--
Martin
Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
martin

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:38:51 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
A google search produced this site

http://www.gonegardening.com/xq/ASP/..._shop/dept.htm
--
Martin

Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail order
cherry tomato plants?

http://www.mammothonion.co.uk/fax.htm

18 up from the bottom of the order form

"Red Cherry Tomato £1.85 - Good Flavour"
--
Martin

Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
martin

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:50:25 +0100, martin wrote:

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:38:51 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
. ..
A google search produced this site

http://www.gonegardening.com/xq/ASP/..._shop/dept.htm
--
Martin

Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail order
cherry tomato plants?

http://www.mammothonion.co.uk/fax.htm

18 up from the bottom of the order form

"Red Cherry Tomato £1.85 - Good Flavour"

Whoops! they are seeds. I scrolled down to quick. My apologies!
--
Martin
Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
David Hill

I dread the thought of trying to send Tomato plants by post........
last Year I got several very good tomato plants at a local car boot sale for
20p each and a choice of around 6 varieties, first class plants, and there's
no way I would grow them for that price.

Cabbage sprouts cauliflowers and leeks , no problem to send by post, but
lettuce (except early season) would be to soft.
Then there would be the cost, 4 tomatoes in 3inch pots would cost around
£2.50 plus the cost of the box and the cost of the plants, so around £5.00
to £6.00 for 4 plants.

Try your local allotments

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail order
cherry tomato plants?

Dobies:

http://www.dobies.co.uk/cffiles/resu...08&cat_ca_ref=
527

Took me about 5 minutes to find. note it's a framed site, so this breaks
the frames.

But a GBP7 ish for 5 plants (plus postage I guess) it's an expensive way
to get such easily grown plants.

--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote
in message ...
In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail order
cherry tomato plants?

Dobies:

http://www.dobies.co.uk/cffiles/resu...08&cat_ca_ref=
527

Took me about 5 minutes to find. note it's a framed site, so this breaks
the frames.

But a GBP7 ish for 5 plants (plus postage I guess) it's an expensive way
to get such easily grown plants.

Thanks - this is the kind of service I was looking for.

Unfortunately the site seems to be partially broken at the moment - can't
get the details of individual items.

Now all I need is one which will supply a 'variety box' - I'll have one
yellow cherry tom, one red cherry tom, one yellow pepper, one red pepper, a
cucumber, a courgette, .........

This is the way you would shop at a garden centre and allows you to grow a
variety of vegetables without having to buy about 500 seeds or 50 plants.

Perhaps this is a business opportunity? :-)

Cheers
Dave R