Old 08-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Suz

Default easy to grow?

I'm now having another look at seeds and want more like this. Totally
easy
to grow, the sort you can't kill. Don't care if they spread like

wildfire -
so much the better. I like cottage style, with really soft pink blue and
white, and lots of soft green. Is there anything like nasturtiums, but

not
bright yellow or orange?

Any suggestions of idiot proof seeds?

TIA
Suzanne

Thanks for all the replies. As I discovered Clarkia, I decided to see if
there were any plants with my daughter's names; Rosamund/Rosie is not a
problem, but any suggestions for Amy/beloved?

TIA
Suzanne

Old 09-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Victoria Clare

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote in
:

In article , Suz
writes

Hi SR
couldn't find Cymbalaria but wondered if it was the same as this?

Linaria maroccana Fairy Lights Mixed

Cymbalaria muralis can also be found as Linaria cymbalaria, and an
alternative vernacular name is ivy-leaved toadflax, but it's not the
same as Linaria maroccana.

But it is very, very easy from either fresh seed or cuttings (well, I say
cuttings. I mean, just bung a traily bit onto some fresh soil and if it
doesn't dry out it'll root in days). I've never had to plant seed from a
packet so don't know about that.

Once you have it, you'll never be rid of it. But it is rather nice.

Victoria

Old 10-02-2004, 11:44 PM
FF

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 07:50:40 -0000, "Suz" wrote:

Sweet peas were a success too. I made tripods out of canes and let them

climb up.
They smelt divine and were all sari-colours. If you keep picking they keep

growing,
so everyone I know got a bunch and the kid's teacher got two.

Liz

Love sweet peas. Going to have a go with this one:

Lathyrus odoratus Borderline
Hardy Annual Climber. This elegant variety produces sprays of attractive,
wavy snow white blooms, with magenta margins and a dusting of rouge blusher
on their wings. Superb garden cut flower with the most delicious fragrance.
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/...6875/1?SA=1303

thanks
Suzanne

They look pretty:-) I got the "old fashioned" from http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk/
Might have bought them in Asda or B&Q, I can't remember. I planted them straight into
the soil because I didn't know any better. This year I'm going to try scraping a tiny
bit of the seed cover off first.

have fun

Liz

Old 10-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Kay Easton

In article , FF
writes
They look pretty:-) I got the "old fashioned" from http://www.mr-
fothergills.co.uk/
Might have bought them in Asda or B&Q, I can't remember. I planted them straight
into
the soil because I didn't know any better. This year I'm going to try scraping a
tiny
bit of the seed cover off first.

Is it worth it? I never bother
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 10-02-2004, 11:45 PM
FF

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:19:20 +0000, Kay Easton wrote:

In article , FF
writes
They look pretty:-) I got the "old fashioned" from http://www.mr-
fothergills.co.uk/
Might have bought them in Asda or B&Q, I can't remember. I planted them straight
into
the soil because I didn't know any better. This year I'm going to try scraping a
tiny
bit of the seed cover off first.

Is it worth it? I never bother

Dunno. I read it here & won't know if I don't try:-)

Liz