Old 10-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Mike Crossland

Default Sweet peas with Runner beans

Last year I grew Morning Glory 'Star of Yelta' and 'Scarlet Climber' with my
tub grown Runner beans. This year, for a change, I would like to try sweet
peas, any recommendations please? Presumably they would need to be well
perfumed to attract the bees.
Thanks,
Mike Crossland

Old 10-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Martin Sykes

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article , "Mike

Crossland" writes:
| Last year I grew Morning Glory 'Star of Yelta' and 'Scarlet Climber'

with my
| tub grown Runner beans. This year, for a change, I would like to try

sweet
| peas, any recommendations please? Presumably they would need to be well
| perfumed to attract the bees.

Mantuca.

Painted Lady is just as fragrant but I think a bit prettier in two-tone
pink, than the deep purple of mantuca(na?)
--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 10-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Martin Sykes

Old 10-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Victoria Clare

"Martin Sykes" wrote in
:

Crossland" writes:
| tub grown Runner beans. This year, for a change, I would like to
| try

sweet
| peas, any recommendations please? Presumably they would need to be
| well perfumed to attract the bees.

Mantuca.

Painted Lady is just as fragrant but I think a bit prettier in
two-tone pink, than the deep purple of mantuca(na?)

I grow Matucana with mine (not tub-grown), and think it looks great.
Painted lady is also a variety of runner bean by the way. It has red and
white flowers - v pretty.

Victoria
Old 10-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Martin Sykes

Old 10-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Martin Sykes

Old 10-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Victoria Clare

"Martin Sykes" wrote in
:

Old 10-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Victoria Clare

"Martin Sykes" wrote in
:

Old 10-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Robert

: Last year I grew Morning Glory 'Star of Yelta' and 'Scarlet Climber'
: with my tub grown Runner beans. This year, for a change, I would like
: to try sweet peas, any recommendations please? Presumably they would
: need to be well perfumed to attract the bees.
: Thanks,
: Mike Crossland

Unwins sell a packets of different mixtures, Scented Collection, Exhibition
Collection, Pastel collection etc. That's what I use and my favourite is
Mrs Bernard Jones
http://www.eseeds.com/cgi-bin/ncomme...36&prmenbr=127

Robert South West England

Old 10-02-2004, 11:42 PM