Old 10-02-2004, 11:44 PM
FF

Default Patio plants

I got two large planters for Christmas and they're sitting out there empty while I
dither. I've already got a fig and a bay in planters, with a variety of things,
daffs, nasturtiums, broad beans, chrysanths etc an a big huddle of pots nearby.
The garden is south-facing & in the SW but rather windy as it's on the top of a hill.
I also don't have much space to bring things in for the winter.

I've been looking in the Parker's catalogue and there's lots in there I fancy but I
don't know what would withstand the wind best. I just loved the datura & mimosa, but
I guess they're out. The mini-olives look like fun but would they be safe outdoors
all year? We almost never get the sort of frost that lasts all day. And what about
the contorted hazel?

Maybe I should just plant 'em up with spuds, but I really would like something a bit
more decorative:-)

A bit of advice would be much appreciated:-)

thanks,

Liz

FA: Going Cheap Potted 5' to 6' Bamboo Plants for Patio or Conservatory MrBlueSkye United Kingdom 0 17-08-2004 04:36 PM
Patio plants FF United Kingdom 19 11-02-2004 07:21 PM
good plants (in pots) for very hot south facing patio chaz United Kingdom 1 13-08-2003 07:44 PM
how much, what kind of soil for plants between flagstones in patio anne in los angeles Gardening 5 14-06-2003 02:44 PM