GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Moles: How can I legally kill 'em. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/52794-moles-how-can-i-legally-kill-em.html)

Rod 17-02-2004 08:32 PM

Moles: How can I legally kill 'em.

"An Metet" wrote in message
ter...
I am told that I can no longer kill moles by using the usual poison. In
fact to do so one has to have a special licence.

Why do you *need* to?
I would be seriously worried about the health of my soil if moles weren't making a decent living. OK, they're a
pain in fine turf but otherwise I'm prepared to live with them. I would also be prepared to live without the fine
turf if the boss would let me do something more interesting with it.

Rod

Jane Ransom 17-02-2004 08:32 PM

Moles: How can I legally kill 'em.

In article , An Metet
writes
I have consulted the WWW used some of there alleged remedies, not one of
them worked, a waste of time. Anyone out there got a sure fired way of
getting rid of 'em?

Yes.
Buy yourself a couple of mole traps, teach yourself how to set and
locate them properly, and get rid of the moles yourself.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Mary Fisher 17-02-2004 09:32 PM

"Rod" wrote in message

"An Metet" wrote in message
ter...
I am told that I can no longer kill moles by using the usual poison. In
fact to do so one has to have a special licence.

Why do you *need* to?

Oh - so it's NOT just me!

Not that anyone replied to my post asking why ...

I would be seriously worried about the health of my soil if moles weren't

making a decent living. OK, they're a
pain in fine turf but otherwise I'm prepared to live with them. I would

also be prepared to live without the fine
turf if the boss would let me do something more interesting with it.

Quite.

Mary

Rod

Steve Harris 17-02-2004 11:26 PM

Moles: How can I legally kill 'em.

In article ,
(Mary Fisher) wrote:

Why do you want to get rid of them?

Look, the last thing he needs when he's got moles in the garden is
trolls in the newsgroup.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Mary Fisher 17-02-2004 11:26 PM

Moles: How can I legally kill 'em.

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
In article ,
(Mary Fisher) wrote:

Why do you want to get rid of them?

Look, the last thing he needs when he's got moles in the garden is
trolls in the newsgroup.

If you think I'm a troll I suggest you kf me.

Mary