Old 02-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Dave Liquorice

Default Rabbits, chewing, and planting saplings

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:46:11 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Nowadays in the UK, snares have to have a stop to prevent the animal
choking itself to death.

Erm, is that the whole idea of a snare?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 02-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message . 10
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

Shooting may be unpleasant, but myxomatosis is worse, and is more likely in
an overcrowded warren. Maybe some snares? Also nasty - and I'm not sure I
could myself - but supposedly quite quick.

Nowadays in the UK, snares have to have a stop to prevent the animal
choking itself to death.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 02-03-2004, 04:13 AM
martin

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:00:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:46:11 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Nowadays in the UK, snares have to have a stop to prevent the animal
choking itself to death.

Erm, is that the whole idea of a snare?

A bit like the joke about the guillotine with a bit sticking out to
stop the blade half way down.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Old 02-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Dr Jack Hammer

wrote:

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:46:11 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Nowadays in the UK, snares have to have a stop to prevent the animal
choking itself to death.

Erm, is that the whole idea of a snare?

A bit like the joke about the guillotine with a bit sticking out to
stop the blade half way down.

That must have had them rolling in the isle!

Dick..!

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Need a fake diploma for fun? contact my collegues Malcolm Ogilvie
or Michael Saunby who both bought one and got one free, only $15 each,
have as many as you like www.fakediplomas.com
Old 02-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message om
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:46:11 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Nowadays in the UK, snares have to have a stop to prevent the animal
choking itself to death.

Erm, is that the whole idea of a snare?

The idea is to catch the animal, not to kill it (slowly).

You can give it the chop when you find it, or do what ever you intended
to do with it. It's also an insurance against assassinating Miss Povey's
Prize Persian - thobut I wouldn't fancy the job of releasing it......

Old 03-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:11:13 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

The idea is to catch the animal, not to kill it (slowly).

Hum, so restraining an animal, presumably around the neck, tight
enough so that it can't escape until you happen to come along checking
your snares maybe 24hrs later is OK? It may also be attacked or
harried by a predator and not be able to escape. Oh and of course
it'll almost certainly try to escape for quite a while after being
caught, until it reaches the point of exhaustion. What about rain or
heavy dew, animal will can't keep warm and dies of hypothermia...

Seems to me a death by strangulation within minutes of getting snared
is far better.

It's also an insurance against assassinating Miss Povey's Prize
Persian - thobut I wouldn't fancy the job of releasing it......

It's a cat, tough. Why is a valuable cat being allowed to wander
freely?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Planting saplings Tim United Kingdom 10 01-02-2011 08:48 PM
Rabbits, rabbits everywhere wind'n'stone United Kingdom 4 22-05-2008 08:15 PM
Puppy chewing plants: Any ideas? SallyJ United Kingdom 19 01-08-2006 12:14 PM
planting mulberry trees saplings [email protected] Gardening 1 29-05-2005 07:53 PM
Selective Chewing Asiatic Lily Buds Joe Gardening 2 16-07-2004 02:02 AM