Old 10-03-2004, 04:19 AM
Bob Smith

Default Damned cats!!!

I had a quick google on this group, and found the groups FAQ on cat
repellants. Some sound crazy, but I was wondering if anyone found them to
work.

Has anyone else found the jeyes fluid to work?

I was considering the empty pop bottles method (cheapest) but it may
encourage human dumping if it already looks like a rubbish tip.

The lion dung pellets might work, but at £10.99 + P&P for 0.5kg is an
expensive option, especially if it does not work.

I would try the water pistol / garden hose method, but you have to catch
them.

Contrary to the modus operandi suggested on the FAQ, we seem to have many
cats at it in our garden (8-10 appeared overnight), and they are doing it on
the grass, wheras I thought they liked easily diggable soil (we seem to have
lazy ones that can't be arsed to dig)

For the record, our failed methods a

Paprika and white pepper sprinkled around. *I* can smell the pepper in the
garden, so why do they still come?
Lemony cat repellant pellets.
Shouting, hissing. Running at them makes them clear off, but they come
back.

TIA

Bob

Old 10-03-2004, 04:19 AM
Mike

Catch, snare, trap, skin, cook, eat.

tastes like rabbit

The ONLY answer, . . . . . . . . unless you wish to conform with the vermin
owners and get one of the wretched things yourself.

AND if you agree to this, you will agree to driving at 45mph past a school,
Smoking in a cafe or restuarant and pollute the rest of the people in there,
Spitting your chewing gum out onto the pavement,

and many other anti social behavioural actions.

Cats? ALL ought to be drowned at birth until such times as they are like the
Dinosaur........... extinct

Old 10-03-2004, 04:19 AM
Bob Smith

Well I was thinking of borrowing an air pistol, give them a sting on the
butt... Any cat lovers got any better ideas, you better be quick.

Bob

Old 10-03-2004, 04:19 AM
AK

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
Well I was thinking of borrowing an air pistol, give them a sting on the
butt... Any cat lovers got any better ideas, you better be quick.

Bob

Well Bob you will face prosecution and probably a good hiding from the
owner, but I guess you know that. Try orange peel, they hate it