Old 10-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Sue da Nimm

Default Seaweed extract

We always put a little mangled seaweed in with our spuds when we plant 'em -
it does wonders for the flavour but is a pain to collect.
I was reading the label on some ericacious (spelling?) liquid feed and saw
that it was "seaweed extract". Checked a couple more brands and they said
the same.
If I were to feed my tatties with this, d'you reckon it will improve the
flavour of the spuds in the same way harvested seaweed does? (It'd save a
lot of hard work - not to mention the smell in the back of the car....)

Old 10-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Sue da Nimm" . contains these words:

We always put a little mangled seaweed in with our spuds when we plant 'em -
it does wonders for the flavour but is a pain to collect.
I was reading the label on some ericacious (spelling?) liquid feed and saw
that it was "seaweed extract". Checked a couple more brands and they said
the same.
If I were to feed my tatties with this, d'you reckon it will improve the
flavour of the spuds in the same way harvested seaweed does? (It'd save a
lot of hard work - not to mention the smell in the back of the car....)

Years ago at an agricultural show I bought some very concentrated
seaweed extract which was being sold as a farm crop spray..unfortunately
can't remember the trade name but an agricultural supplier should be
able to tell you. It was wonderful stuff. I think anything to do with
seaweed has an almost magical benefit to plants, in health and strength
as well as the flavour of potatoes.

We collected 50 sacks of seaweed last weekend, some of which is
ear-marked for the potato planting :-) As for car odour...well, it
helped to reduce the smell of our wet dog, and the horse manure from the
week before.

Janet

Seaweed extract Green Shoots Lawns 5 16-07-2012 06:08 PM
Where to get seaweed extract for garden? Sarah Dale United Kingdom 6 13-10-2004 05:56 PM
Seaweed extract Sue da Nimm United Kingdom 30 14-03-2004 11:36 PM
Seaweed extract Sue da Nimm United Kingdom 0 10-03-2004 11:44 PM
[IBC] Yucca Schidigera extract lou E Bonsai 2 28-01-2003 02:13 PM