Old 12-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default OT House insurance

Does anyone know where I can find tables of rebuilding costs per square foot
of various sorts of building construction. I did it last years ago and was
given sheets of tables, but I presume it must now be on-line (but so far I
haven't found it!)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
BAC

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find tables of rebuilding costs per square

foot
of various sorts of building construction. I did it last years ago and was
given sheets of tables, but I presume it must now be on-line (but so far I
haven't found it!)

Guidance on how to arrive at 'do-it-yourself' figures, and also an index for
updating past estimates, can be found at http://www.bcis.co.uk/. However, if
your property does not fall into one of the simple categories on that site,
you should consult an expert. Being under-insured can be injurious to your
financial health!

Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Charlie Pridham

"BAC" wrote in message

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find tables of rebuilding costs per square

foot
of various sorts of building construction. I did it last years ago and

was
given sheets of tables, but I presume it must now be on-line (but so far

haven't found it!)

Guidance on how to arrive at 'do-it-yourself' figures, and also an index

for
updating past estimates, can be found at http://www.bcis.co.uk/. However,

if
your property does not fall into one of the simple categories on that

site,
you should consult an expert. Being under-insured can be injurious to your
financial health!

Many thanks for that, I know the problems, but I seldom trust experts
without first having a rough idea myself! since to sue one after the event
is usually pointless.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Charlie Pridham

"BAC" wrote in message

[...]

Any insurance agents here? A question TOM KAN PA Gardening 6 20-05-2004 10:02 PM
I am looking for Tree Felling Insurance ?? United Kingdom 2 19-09-2003 06:22 PM
Horticultural Show insurance? Jim W United Kingdom 6 07-08-2003 09:23 PM
insurance hendo2002 United Kingdom 11 08-07-2003 11:41 PM
Pond safety, insurance liability GARY BEEZ Ponds 9 27-04-2003 02:44 AM