Old 24-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default RESULT : Create uk.rec.gardening.allotments FAILS 12:26

The message
from martin contains these words:

I also notice that several voters on both sides are not names I
would call
regular or even casual posters here,

That is because many use spam proof names, when posting to news
groups.
To vote one must provide a verifiable e-mail address.

Quite, which is why some urglers may not recognise the name I voted
under. (My own!)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 24-03-2004, 05:56 PM
martin

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:57:27 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

Quite, which is why some urglers may not recognise the name I voted
under. (My own!)

Not Jim Worzelmacher shirley? :-)
Old 24-03-2004, 05:57 PM
shazzbat

"martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:46:25 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:

"jane" wrote in message
This just appeared on u.n.n.c. (this forward isn't crossposted)

My thanks to Pedt for running the vote.

jane

SNIP
I was wondering why it hadn't happened here.

Pedt has posted it in urg, it arrived with Jane's copy on my news

server.

I also notice that several voters on both sides are not names I would

call
regular or even casual posters here,

That is because many use spam proof names, when posting to news
groups.
To vote one must provide a verifiable e-mail address.

So do I, but my normal handle, my spamtrapped address and my proper address
went into the boxes on the voting paper which was obviously catering for
such things, and I notice that my proper email address has been spamtrapped
in the results, but my normal posting handle appears as is.

Steve

Old 25-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Anne Jackson

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

The message
from martin contains these words:

I also notice that several voters on both sides are not names I
would call
regular or even casual posters here,

That is because many use spam proof names, when posting to news
groups.
To vote one must provide a verifiable e-mail address.

Quite, which is why some urglers may not recognise the name I voted
under. (My own!)

I knew! G

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282

Old 25-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:

Quite, which is why some urglers may not recognise the name I voted
under. (My own!)

I knew! G

Arbut, I sometimes forget to adjust my dress while posting in
Zetgrüppen, and we meet elsewhere innit.

Old 02-04-2004, 12:42 AM
The Reid

Following up to Nick Maclaren

Which is not meant to discourage any of the allotment people from
changing from lurker to poster - come on, have a go!

I'm an allotment lurker, I ask a question now and again. I cant
see why we would need a seperate allotment group, cant allotment
users just post here about allotment issues?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso

Old 02-04-2004, 12:42 AM
martin

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:00:40 +0100, The Reid
wrote:

Following up to Nick Maclaren

Which is not meant to discourage any of the allotment people from
changing from lurker to poster - come on, have a go!

I'm an allotment lurker, I ask a question now and again. I cant
see why we would need a seperate allotment group, cant allotment
users just post here about allotment issues?

Of course they can and do.

FAILS 12:26 isn't a biblical quotation