Old 02-04-2004, 12:44 AM
martin

Default RESULT : Create uk.rec.gardening.allotments FAILS 12:26

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:00:40 +0100, The Reid
wrote:

Following up to Nick Maclaren

Which is not meant to discourage any of the allotment people from
changing from lurker to poster - come on, have a go!

I'm an allotment lurker, I ask a question now and again. I cant
see why we would need a seperate allotment group, cant allotment
users just post here about allotment issues?

Of course they can and do.

FAILS 12:26 isn't a biblical quotation
Old 02-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from The Reid contains these words:

Following up to Nick Maclaren

Which is not meant to discourage any of the allotment people from
changing from lurker to poster - come on, have a go!

I'm an allotment lurker, I ask a question now and again. I cant
see why we would need a seperate allotment group, cant allotment
users just post here about allotment issues?

Of course, just like always..that's what Nick was saying.

You must have been away for a while and missed several very long
threads :-). To bring you up to date..someone who has never taken part
in allotment discussions in urg proposed a new allotment news group as
an offshoot of this one (without asking urg's opinion first). He claimed
to have the backing of other lurkers here, who had never joined in urg's
frequent allotment discussions. His proposal went through the official
procedure for forming new usenet groups (not organised or conducted by
urg) and when it was put to the vote, it was turned down. The vote
reflected the majority view of gardening posters to urg, which is the
same as your own.

HTH

Janet
Old 02-04-2004, 04:11 AM
The Reid

--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso

Old 02-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Janet Baraclough.. contains
these words:

[...]

Our council has just published its local plan for the next 10 years and
allotments are called by their full and proper name "allotment gardens"
in every instance. Very much on topic are allotments here in URG.