Old 25-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Seed help please

The message
from "Misty" contains these words:

I am not an expert gardener and am seeking help from this very informative
group!

I have germinated some passion fruit seeds in a pot in my kitchen.

What do I need to do to keep them and then grow them on? They are currently
30mm tall.

Keep them in deep pots of ordinary potting compost mixed with a little
bonemeal.

When can I plant them outside and where is the best location for them? My
garden lies south - north and is surrounded by 2 metre high close boarded
fence.

There is no best position outside in the UK.

They *MAY* survive if you manage to insulate the ground sufficiently in
the winter, but I doubt it. If they do, the vines will almost certainly
be killed off and have to regrow from scratch each year. A greenhouse or
a conservatory would be ideal, but the vines are quite large.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Help with identifying a tree from seed and leaf please Nick United Kingdom 8 11-10-2008 12:06 AM
seed-- help please MIKO Plant Science 3 22-02-2005 12:08 PM
Seed help please? Misty United Kingdom 41 06-04-2004 09:46 PM