Old 27-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Phil

Default Soil mystery

Now here's a peculiar thing. Today, the day when the clocks go forward and
the rugby internationals end and the first day of the year that I reach for
my garden spade. I nip down to this wooden bunker at the bottom of the
garden, where some of my tools are stored. I haven't been inside this bunker
since about November. I lift the lid, and find it half full of really nice
top-soil. I have no idea where it came from. All of my tools are burried
underneath.........I think. Going to find out more tomorrow during an
experimental dig. I think there's about half a ton of earth in there. Any
ideas? Rats? Badgers? Moles? Wombats?

Phil

Picture on http://premium.xanga.com/skin.asp?user=groeswenphil

Old 27-03-2004, 08:19 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Phil
writes
I nip down to this wooden bunker at the bottom of the garden, where
some of my tools are stored. I haven't been inside this bunker since
about November. I lift the lid, and find it half full of really nice
top-soil. I have no idea where it came from.

Are you sure you're in the right house?

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 27-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Joanne

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
I nip down to this wooden bunker at the bottom of the garden, where
some of my tools are stored. I haven't been inside this bunker since
about November. I lift the lid, and find it half full of really nice
top-soil. I have no idea where it came from.

Are you sure you're in the right house?

Oh, thanks, you've just made me splutter my coffee all over my monitor!

Old 27-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Phil" contains these words:

Now here's a peculiar thing. Today, the day when the clocks go forward and
the rugby internationals end and the first day of the year that I reach for
my garden spade. I nip down to this wooden bunker at the bottom of the
garden, where some of my tools are stored. I haven't been inside this bunker
since about November. I lift the lid, and find it half full of really nice
top-soil. I have no idea where it came from. All of my tools are burried
underneath.........I think. Going to find out more tomorrow during an
experimental dig. I think there's about half a ton of earth in there. Any
ideas? Rats? Badgers? Moles? Wombats?

Assuming the bunker has a solid bottom, I reckon you're harbouring a
carefully concealed dismembered corpse. The soil topping is to mask the
smell. What's worse, the murderer didn't leave your spade behind when
he'd finished.

Janet

Old 27-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Mike

"Phil" wrote in message
Now here's a peculiar thing. Today, the day when the clocks go forward and
the rugby internationals end and the first day of the year that I reach

for
my garden spade. I nip down to this wooden bunker at the bottom of the
garden, where some of my tools are stored. I haven't been inside this

bunker
since about November. I lift the lid, and find it half full of really nice
top-soil. I have no idea where it came from. All of my tools are burried
underneath.........I think. Going to find out more tomorrow during an
experimental dig. I think there's about half a ton of earth in there. Any
ideas? Rats? Badgers? Moles? Wombats?

Phil

Picture on http://premium.xanga.com/skin.asp?user=groeswenphil

Go round the back and might see a nice neat hole, just big enough for a rat
to nip in and out of :-(( Had the same problem myself.

Mind how you dig into the pile, there may be small pink ratlets there :-((

Mike
:-((

Old 27-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Phil

Going to dig in and explore tomorrow morning. Trembling with
anticipation........mind, I've got some lovely soil for the borders.
If it is a rat.........then it must be huge. Ants.........End of the world
as we know it. Body........nobody missing from the locality.

Phil

Old 27-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Kate Morgan

Going to dig in and explore tomorrow morning. Trembling with
anticipation........mind, I've got some lovely soil for the borders.
If it is a rat.........then it must be huge. Ants.........End of the world
as we know it. Body........nobody missing from the locality.

Phil

Do you think that you could start digging now, we are all longing to
know what you find :-)
kate
Old 27-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Mike

"Phil" wrote in message

Going to dig in and explore tomorrow morning. Trembling with
anticipation........mind, I've got some lovely soil for the borders.
If it is a rat.........then it must be huge. Ants.........End of the world
as we know it. Body........nobody missing from the locality.

Phil

I will put a tenner on rats. You will find chewed up newspaper or other
paper, possibly polythene, and a nice little soft lined nest in the middle.

And if there are ratlets in there, they will run faster than you can catch
them :-))

and if cats were all they were cracked up to be by the crack pot
enthusiasts, you wouldn't have a rats nest in there. We are over run with
the wretched things and 'still' had rats :-((
(Might be better now the old boy who did live next door has died and so
there are no longer birds in the aviary at the bottom of the garden :-))

Old 27-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Phil" contains these words:

Now here's a peculiar thing. Today, the day when the clocks go forward and
the rugby internationals end and the first day of the year that I reach for
my garden spade. I nip down to this wooden bunker at the bottom of the
garden, where some of my tools are stored. I haven't been inside this bunker
since about November. I lift the lid, and find it half full of really nice
top-soil. I have no idea where it came from. All of my tools are burried
underneath.........I think. Going to find out more tomorrow during an
experimental dig. I think there's about half a ton of earth in there. Any
ideas? Rats? Badgers? Moles? Wombats?

Rats, I'd guess.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 28-03-2004, 02:50 AM
Anne Jackson

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

"Phil" wrote in message
[...]

I have two snakes who would really appreciate some small pink ratlets!

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282
Old 28-03-2004, 08:12 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Philip" contains these words:

Picture on http://premium.xanga.com/skin.asp?user=groeswenphil

Ants ?

With hods?

Old 28-03-2004, 09:35 AM
martin

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:13:05 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "Phil" contains these words:

Now here's a peculiar thing. Today, the day when the clocks go forward and
the rugby internationals end and the first day of the year that I reach for
my garden spade. I nip down to this wooden bunker at the bottom of the
garden, where some of my tools are stored. I haven't been inside this bunker
since about November. I lift the lid, and find it half full of really nice
top-soil. I have no idea where it came from. All of my tools are burried
underneath.........I think. Going to find out more tomorrow during an
experimental dig. I think there's about half a ton of earth in there. Any
ideas? Rats? Badgers? Moles? Wombats?

Rats, I'd guess.

Escaping prisoners of war?
Old 28-03-2004, 09:36 AM
martin

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:50:37 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "Philip" contains these words:

Picture on http://premium.xanga.com/skin.asp?user=groeswenphil

Ants ?

With hods?

making mountains out ant hills?

Mystery Weed Identified, new mystery weed, Central Ohio Ron Hardin Plant Science 5 21-04-2006 11:23 PM
Soil mystery.......... A thought to ponder on Mike United Kingdom 24 29-03-2004 11:43 AM
Soil mystery Phil United Kingdom 3 27-03-2004 08:16 PM
Soil mystery Phil United Kingdom 0 27-03-2004 08:15 PM
Soil mystery Phil United Kingdom 0 27-03-2004 08:15 PM