Old 02-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Mary Fisher

Default chicken manure

I used to keep a large number of free range birds and always composted
their litter from the nesting roosting houses, it was very good stuff

and
when I could get wheat straw bedding it grew amazing mushrooms around

the
base of my tomato plants after being laced with spores.

Handy.

(And many other
rather more unexpected places)

Too much information?

No

Mary

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 02-04-2004, 04:19 AM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:08:09 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

The message
from "Cerumen" contains these words:

I used to keep a large number of free range birds and always composted
their litter from the nesting roosting houses, it was very good stuff and
when I could get wheat straw bedding it grew amazing mushrooms around the
base of my tomato plants after being laced with spores.

Handy.

(And many other
rather more unexpected places)

Too much information?

No, I like the chatter. It can be interesting and funny.
--
Tim C.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:19 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message m
from Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" contains
these words:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:08:09 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Cerumen" contains these words:

I used to keep a large number of free range birds and always composted
their litter from the nesting roosting houses, it was very good stuff and
when I could get wheat straw bedding it grew amazing mushrooms around the
base of my tomato plants after being laced with spores.

Handy.

(And many other
rather more unexpected places)

Too much information?

No, I like the chatter. It can be interesting and funny.

I was referring to Chris' (And many other rather more unexpected places)....

Old 02-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:23:30 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

The message m
from Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" contains
these words:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:08:09 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Cerumen" contains these words:

I used to keep a large number of free range birds and always composted
their litter from the nesting roosting houses, it was very good stuff and
when I could get wheat straw bedding it grew amazing mushrooms around the
base of my tomato plants after being laced with spores.

Handy.

(And many other
rather more unexpected places)

Too much information?

No, I like the chatter. It can be interesting and funny.

I was referring to Chris' (And many other rather more unexpected places)....

Ah, my mistake.
In which case - tell us more Chris! ;-)
--
Tim C.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Cerumen

"Tim Challenger" "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote in message
s.com...
[...]

Ah, telling more would certainly be more information than many could want.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 26-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Alan Holmes

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Cerumen" wrote in message

"Tim Challenger" "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote in

message
s.com...
I've got a small free-range egg/chicken farmer round the corner.
If I can get him to give me some of his animal's muck, say from the

stalls
or whatever, can I use it on the garden? In the compost? Or am I

wasting
my
time? Does it have to be rotted like horse manure? What about

diseases,
are there likely to be any problems?

I used to keep a large number of free range birds and always composted
their litter from the nesting roosting houses, it was very good stuff

snip

It is indeed. But if you have free ranging hens (as I have although only
two) you simply can't keep them from depositing wherever they happen to

be.
They don't just wait until they're indoors.

How do you stop the foxes getting at them?

Alan

Subject: Pigeon Manure, Chicken Manure JacKUzi Gardening 0 11-08-2004 02:28 AM
Old chicken manure Rhiannon Macfie Miller United Kingdom 4 09-05-2004 04:02 AM
chicken manure Coffea ramosa United Kingdom 9 25-06-2003 08:30 PM
Chicken Manure. Is it safe? [email protected] United Kingdom 22 07-04-2003 10:32 PM
Chicken manure! Steve Jackson United Kingdom 0 20-10-2002 08:56 AM