Old 31-03-2004, 09:38 AM
mike. buckley

Default WTD: Rhubarb plants

Anybody know where I can get some online? Ideally I'd like a plant I can
harvest from this year (wine making, yum). A google hasn't brought
anything up apart from a few places doing seeds.

Based in Solihull if anybody knows anywhere local.

Thanks

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2
Old 31-03-2004, 10:43 AM
AlisonAPg

Subject: WTD: Rhubarb plants
From: "mike. buckley"
Date: 31/03/2004 09:18 GMT Standard Time
Anybody know where I can get some online? Ideally I'd like a plant I can
harvest from this year (wine making, yum). A google hasn't brought
anything up apart from a few places doing seeds.

Based in Solihull if anybody knows anywhere local.

Thanks

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2
http://www.toastyhamster.freeserve.co.uk
BONY#38

Garden Centre at Knowle (the one on the way to Chadwick End) (Wyndley???) had
some a month or so ago. Notcutts have had it in the past. I'm sure some seed
catalogues also sell roots too.

Alison

Old 31-03-2004, 11:54 AM
AlisonAPg

Old 31-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Dcjtee

Anybody know where I can get some online?

I could let you have some seed. I grew some excellent plants from seed but it
takes 2 years to get the plant up and running properly.

The Hemyock, Devon, UK branch of The Residents Appreciation Society.

http://english.aljazeera.net

Old 02-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Rhubarb plants

"mike. buckley" wrote in message
k...
Anybody know where I can get some online? Ideally I'd like a plant I can
harvest from this year (wine making, yum). A google hasn't brought
anything up apart from a few places doing seeds.

Based in Solihull if anybody knows anywhere local.

Got ours from Marshalls. Ignored advice and picked loads in the first year
with no obvious detriment to the monster plants that developed through the
summer. Already picking again this year from one plant (forced) with two
others left to develop normally.

Old 02-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "mike. buckley" contains these
words:

Anybody know where I can get some online? Ideally I'd like a plant I can
harvest from this year (wine making, yum).

Don't harvest from rhubarb until it is properly established (so, no
harvesting in the first year you plant it). A newly planted rhubarb only
grows three or four stalks in the first year, and if you cut them off
you're depriving the root of food, so next year's crop will be even
sparser.

Jsnet