Old 06-04-2004, 09:50 PM
shannie

Default Can I save my plants n shrubs?

Thanks to everyone who replied, Im really pleased It's not too late to do
this, we spent most of the weekend digging up trees, plants and shrubs, we
did beg borrow and steal containers, the 45gallon drums were great for the
chestnut tree but way too big for the others, and very very heavy. We've
used buckets, icecream containers, pots, drums and my son came up with the
wonderful idea of taking out the drums from an old washing machine and dryer
awaiting collection, got a broom in one and a japenese maple in the other.
We've taken cuttings from lupins, fuscias, cystis, you name it, it's been
dug up or cuttings taken. Soon as the daffs die down they'll be stored too!
Yes, Janet it IS a bum situation, we're supposed to be living in a
conservation area, can't get planning for a shed round here but they can
build a road!...beats the hell out of me. We only found out about this when
we looked into letting some of our land out for allotments, the uptake would
have been huge too!....It's a pain moving family, animals, chickens and the
gardens, but on the up side I get to plan and start a new garden all over
again

Thanks as always to all who replied

Shannie