Old 11-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Buzzy Bee

Default How to discourage cats from fouling the Garden?

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:14:51 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Megan wrote in Message
You could get a cat and keep it litter trained (make sure it has fresh
litter always available and usually they will prefer that to the
garden). The cat will mark its territory with any luck, keeping your
garden cat free.

If you get a pedigree cat then it will already have been litter trained by
it's Mum as they aren't allowed to leave their Mums until 12 weeks old.

Same is true for most cats. Mine are moggies but were trained when we
got them (12 weeks). My previous cats were also fully litter trained
even though their mother abandoned them at 8 weeks (so we took them
early)

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old 11-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Mike

Typical cat lovers comment. I suppose that your recommendation for anyone
who doesn't like a cigarette smoked atmosphere, would be to start

smoking?

Had it not occurred to you, that the person does not like the vermin in

his
garden, so therefore why should he get one?

Why are the cat loving fraternity so bloody thick?

And why are you so offensive?? I am not particularly a cat lover
............. but the best remedy is 'get a cat' despite the idiot's
comments above

Now watch the feathers fly AGAIN !!!!!! :-))

As you chose to ignore my comment on smoking, am I correct in thinking that
you are one of those inconsiderate *******s who make my clothes stink of
their foul weed's pollution? Why am I not allowed to breath fresh clean air
when I wish? And here I am particularly thinking of in any eating
establishments.

Mike

Old 11-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Hugh Chaloner

Mike wrote:

As you chose to ignore my comment on smoking, am I correct in thinking that
you are one of those inconsiderate *******s who make my clothes stink of
their foul weed's pollution? Why am I not allowed to breath fresh clean air
when I wish? And here I am particularly thinking of in any eating
establishments.

Mike

move to Ireland: smoking ban effective in pubs, restaurants and
workplaces.

--
www.magic-hush.com | email on website
Old 12-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Jack Ouzzi

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:46:04 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

As you chose to ignore my comment on smoking, am I correct in thinking that
you are one of those inconsiderate *******s who make my clothes stink of
their foul weed's pollution? Why am I not allowed to breath fresh clean air
when I wish? And here I am particularly thinking of in any eating
establishments.

Mike

My apologies for ignoring your comments ... which I fully agree with,
maybe even more passionately than you.

Most eating establishment have not got the 'guts' to go non smoking
for fear of upsetting customers.

A small coffee bar in our town did just that, and now you can't get in
it as it is constantly full.

When I recently asked for a table in an indian restuarant, where I
would NOT be disturbed by smoke ............ started the meal, then
the next table started up ................. I threw a seven, damanded
my money back as the manager had failed to fulfill his 'contract'
...... I got a full refund, plus a free takeaway (non contaminated - I
stressed) as well :-)

More people should INSIST !!!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Mike

move to Ireland: smoking ban effective in pubs, restaurants and
workplaces.

You have missed my point. Why should 'I' have to do anything to avoid
other's pollution making antics? I don't wish to move to Ireland thank you.

And before someone pops up with the pollution of traffic, I quite agree, it
is nasty, BUT at least someone is 'trying' to lower the effects. Also I am
in a very fortunate position that if I wish to go from A to B avoiding car
and traffic fumes, I can usually divert off the road and take a pleasant
walk. Such as the very popular walk, to either Sandown or Shanklin via the
very popular Cliff Walk. The 'alternative' is better all round in this case.

Mike

Old 12-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Mike

Thank you for your response.

Mike

Old 12-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Hugh Chaloner

Mike wrote:

You have missed my point

I don't remember what your original point is / was.

I'm happy here in Ireland where I can now go to eat out in a smokefree
atmos and drink in a smokefree pub etc etc. I welcome the ban. I don't
much like cats.
--
www.magic-hush.com | email on website
Old 12-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Mike

You have missed my point

I don't remember what your original point is / was.

My original point is, why should I have to buy a cat to keep others off my
garden? I don't want a cat, neither do I want all the neighbour's vermin
either.

Why should I take up smoking so that the I get used to the weed's smell and
filth? I don't want to smoke and fill my lungs, house, clothes and
everything else which get tainted with the weed's effect

Why should I move to Ireland so I can eat in a smoke free atmosphere? I
don't want to move to Ireland to eat in a smoke free atmosphere.

You are saying all the time that 'I' must fit in with the other's way of
life which protrudes into mine.

No. You are wrong.

Let my life protrude into theirs. Shoot all the cats, pour a bucket of water
over every smoker.

BTW, a by product of my way of life is having to use the toilet as I drink
lots of cups of tea. May I **** all over you, just as smoke is breathed all
over me?

Think about it.

Old 13-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Hugh Chaloner

Mike wrote:

You are saying all the time that 'I' must fit in with the other's way of
life which protrudes into mine.

Uhhhhhhh, no.

I just joined the thread to point out that Ireland is pretty much a no
smoking zone. Happily for me. I guees it's off topic though.

--
www.magic-hush.com | email on website
Old 13-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Mike

--
www.magic-hush.com | email on website

I am afraid I don't see very much sense in having your web site in your
signature, call attention to the fact that this is the place to find your
email address, only to be told we need to put a password in, which we
haven't been given!!!

Please explain the logic of that.

Thank you

Mike

Old 13-04-2004, 11:04 AM
bigboard

Mike wrote:

As you chose to ignore my comment on smoking, am I correct in thinking that
you are one of those inconsiderate *******s who make my clothes stink of
their foul weed's pollution? Why am I not allowed to breath fresh clean air
when I wish? And here I am particularly thinking of in any eating
establishments.

Mike,

Just to let you in on a little secret. No-one smokes when you aren't
there. Everyone lights up when they see you in the hope that you will go
home and stop boring the hell out of everyone with your off-topic trolling.

Old 13-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Hugh Chaloner

Mike wrote:

Please explain the logic of that.

I'm having DNS/router issues. My connection is acting up. Sorry bout
that...

--
www.magic-hush.com | no email on website

Fouling By Cats careen Lawns 8 17-12-2013 04:40 PM
Cats fouling in grass Blairadamwitch Lawns 7 16-07-2010 11:13 AM
Any chemical for lawn to discourage pets from shitting on it? [email protected] Gardening 9 09-06-2005 01:36 AM
What to plant on the side of house to discourage kids & their footballs!! Dave McLaughlin United Kingdom 7 04-04-2005 08:47 PM
Sears push mower fouling plugs [email protected] Lawns 7 15-07-2003 08:59 PM