Old 10-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Matty

Default Recommendations

One area of my lawn is very mossy.....and i mean VERY!!!

It is surrounded by tall conifers on 3 sides....and house on the other so
gets little sun.

I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

TIA

Matt

Old 11-04-2004, 12:05 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Matty
writes
One area of my lawn is very mossy.....and i mean VERY!!!

It is surrounded by tall conifers on 3 sides....and house on the other so
gets little sun.

I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

Knock the house down - that'll decrease the shade.

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 11-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Matty matt@slippeddiskne
ggersspam.fsnet.co.uk writes
I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

Even in shaded area, summer warmth will greatly reduce the amount of
moss in your lawn. Carry on mowing as usual and grasses will find their
way through as mosses recede.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Blair Malcolm

"Matty" wrote in message
One area of my lawn is very mossy.....and i mean VERY!!!

It is surrounded by tall conifers on 3 sides....and house on the other so
gets little sun.

I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

TIA

Matt

Use Lawn Sand with a spreader. The moss turns black but the grass grows
stronger and greener and will make the moss disappear
Blair Malcolm

Old 11-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Anna Kettle

I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

Encourage blackbirds. They have spent the last week as unpaid
undergardeners digging up moss from my lawn

Anna
--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Plaster conservation, freehand modelling in lime

Old 11-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Matty matt@slippeddiskne
ggersspam.fsnet.co.uk writes
One area of my lawn is very mossy.....and i mean VERY!!!

It is surrounded by tall conifers on 3 sides....and house on the other so
gets little sun.

I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

Accept the moss
With conditions like that you will never have a reasonable grassy lawn.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 11-04-2004, 11:02 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , Matty matt@slippeddiskne
ggersspam.fsnet.co.uk writes
One area of my lawn is very mossy.....and i mean VERY!!!

It is surrounded by tall conifers on 3 sides....and house on the other so
gets little sun.

I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

Accept the moss
With conditions like that you will never have a reasonable grassy lawn.

Exactly my point Jane.

--
dave @ stejonda

Old 11-04-2004, 11:03 PM
nambucca

"Matty" wrote in message
One area of my lawn is very mossy.....and i mean VERY!!!

It is surrounded by tall conifers on 3 sides....and house on the other so
gets little sun.

I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

TIA

Matt

Conifers on all 3 sides ..........forget a lawn it simply wont grow

../........conifers screw up the soil along with creating the shade and
conditions for moss

Old 12-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , dave @ stejonda
writes

Exactly my point Jane.

Aye, but, if he is not a troll, he may not have cottoned on to the point
you were making ))))))))
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 14-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Tumbleweed

"Matty" wrote in message
One area of my lawn is very mossy.....and i mean VERY!!!

It is surrounded by tall conifers on 3 sides....and house on the other so
gets little sun.

I am after recommends to get it back to a reasonable grassy lawn please??

TIA

Matt

Remove some conifers, spike the lawn, scarify it, overseed. Repeat until
satisfied or no conifers left.
--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address