Old 18-04-2004, 04:18 AM
Larry Stoter

Default tom cats - grrrr

Rodger Whitlock wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:15:25 +0100, Larry Stoter wrote:

You need a large, nasty, intact tom to keep other cats out he-ll beat
them up something rotten!

Curiously, Bruce Fogle in "The Cat's Mind" suggests a large,
burly *neutered* tom. Neutered toms are bigger than intact ones.
Some breeders use a neutered tom to chase off would-be mates to
their females when they're out sunning themselves.

My mother had an intact tom with split lip, limp and half an ear
missing. As a result of an allergy (to grass!) the vet had also pumped
him full of steroids and he tended to resemble a small, grey bulldog.

Not only did she never have any cat problems in her garden, including
her tom, but I never saw another cat within half a mile. Once he had
established himself in the area, he spent most of his life asleep.
During the spring, he did tend to disappear for several days at a time,
occassionally returning to have his injuries seen to. My mother insisted
he was always just like the kitten he had originally been - despite
overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
--
Larry Stoter
Old 18-04-2004, 04:26 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Larry
Stoter writes

My mother had an intact tom with ... half an ear
missing.

Can you really still call him intact? ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 18-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Vicky

"Mike" wrote in message

I live about 8 miles away from same zoo - greetings fellow caulkhead!

Small world. Not a 'true' caulkhead as I moved from the North Island when

was 10, rather a long time ago.

It was from this zoo that my friend got some tiger dung and smeared it on

his
garden walls to good effect. Trouble is, I have no need to scare my own
moggie witless!

Do you happen to know if they will let you come and collect it from the

Zoo.
(The Zoo itself as opposed to straight from the animals ;-} )

Mike in a very sunny Lake.

--

I don't know but you could always ring and ask! This was when Jack Corney
was still at the helm and my father-in-law worked there but I'm sure they

Vicky - from sunny Binstead

Old 18-04-2004, 05:01 AM
Doug W

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:35:54 GMT, "sugarCandy"
wrote:

"Vicky" wrote in message

snip
However, we have recently been infiltrated by an
un-neutered tom cat and he is spraying everywhere. The final straw came
yesterday when I left a bag outside for half an hour and came back to find
that it reeked of tom cat pee.
Any solutions people? Apart from catching him and forcibly removing his
dangly bits!!!! And bearing in mind I own a cat, albeit elderly and
slightly senile, myself.

Vicky

No solutions, but I can sympathise. I own two cats, one 14, one 10, both
spayed females. I can't understand why the tom cats come calling, surely
they should know they are on a highway to nothing? My poor old girls have
been stalked for the past 2-3 months by a trio of toms, who then fight and
caterwaul in the garden, especially at night. They are spraying everything,
and if the kitchen door is left open they try to come in as well. Perhaps
they can't find any unspayed females around, but surely there must be some
somewhere to take the pressure off 2 elderly spinsters!

annie

I have the perfect solution regarding the randy Tom cat.
I have plenty of ferrule cats in my garden that I need to get
rid of. You can always collect my ferrel females and put
them with your randy tom and everyone's a winner.

Old 18-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Mike

I don't know but you could always ring and ask! This was when Jack Corney
was still at the helm and my father-in-law worked there but I'm sure they
wouldn't mind you asking - just as long as they don't expect you to

collect
it from the cages yourself. It is very very smelly and you only need a

tiny
amount.

Vicky - from sunny Binstead

OK Vicky I will give them a call or a visit.

(Family spent most of the day round the corner from you at Brickfields.
Daughter and Grandson have a pony there :-))

Mike in Darkest Lake

Old 18-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Mike

I have the perfect solution regarding the randy Tom cat.
I have plenty of ferrule cats in my garden that I need to get
rid of. You can always collect my ferrel females and put
them with your randy tom and everyone's a winner.

Oh no they are not!!!

Can you see what will happen? Lots and lots of the verminous things running
wild all over the Isle of Wight. Tell you what we will do, we will bring the
randy Tom to you and you can have the pleasure of being over-run :-))

OK?

Please forward address.

Mike

Old 18-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Doug W

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:13:02 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

I have the perfect solution regarding the randy Tom cat.
I have plenty of ferrule cats in my garden that I need to get
rid of. You can always collect my ferrel females and put
them with your randy tom and everyone's a winner.

Oh no they are not!!!

Can you see what will happen? Lots and lots of the verminous things running
wild all over the Isle of Wight. Tell you what we will do, we will bring the
randy Tom to you and you can have the pleasure of being over-run :-))

OK?

Please forward address.

Mike

A very nice try, but 'No T-Shirt'

Mandy
Old 18-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Larry Stoter

Kay Easton wrote:

In article , Larry
Stoter writes

My mother had an intact tom with ... half an ear
missing.

Can you really still call him intact? ;-)

Well, I guess the bits that he cared about were intact!
--
Larry Stoter

tom cats George.com Lawns 9 16-10-2006 12:09 PM
[IBC] OT-Grrrr! Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 25-10-2005 01:06 AM
Grrrr Diana Kulaga Orchids 22 23-07-2005 11:13 AM
GOOD LORD !!! TOMTOM OT OT OT Mary kate Ponds 13 27-07-2004 02:03 PM
OT - computers - grrrr! Sacha United Kingdom 20 07-11-2003 11:24 PM