Old 18-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Toddler and laburnum

The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:
The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

In that case, as you are so experienced, possibly more than anyone
on this
newsgroup and certainly more than me, I have only had four children
and one
grandchild, then you could have been a little more helpful and
constructive
in your posting. Your posting was very curt and on the lines of
Baraclough
of past. Are you by any chance a Traffic Warden in your spare time?

Careful......

Much, much, much worserer and dangerouserer.

curtsey Why, thank you, kind sir!

The pleasure is mine, though maybe not mine alone.....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 18-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

"I" don't have a problem.

"YOU" have a problem in that you are an expert and you do not wish to see
newbies coming onto your Gardening Newsgroup asking questions.

Not how I read it.

Consequently, I have nothing to 'live with', but the two problems that you
have to live with, are newbies popping up asking questions, and me.

Again, not how I read it. I've known Anne for a long time and from my
fairly brief acquaintance with you I'd wager she'd have you for a snack
before breakfast.

Oh by the way, please don't shout. (I would imagine that as you are so
familiar with newsgroups and netiquette, that you are aware that using
capitals is a sign of shouting). It shows that you are losing your temper
and thereby not in control of your own emotions.

Again, not how I read it. I *COULD* just sit back and watch, but the
rather inadequate pomposity of your post was too inviting.

Anne wasn't in the Diplomatic Service for nothing.....

I also feel that in using the word 'bloody' in the context you have used it,
then that is a sign of swearing at me. Please do not swear at me, or anyone
else come to that, as I explained to Mabbett when he stooped so low as to
swear at me, it shows a complete lack of the English language when you
resort to using such words and I regard such people uneducated in said
English language.

A very laudable lecture, but if you are going to flaunt in public the
English language and its use, I'd be inclined to make sure your use of
it is at the very least, competent.

Have a nice day

And you may take that back to McDeadthings where it belongs. Please.

Old 18-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

I'm sorry to have caused such a fuss,

Don't let it worry you. From time to time everyone has a good old go at
one-another and they forget what it's all about. Then someone puts the
kettle on, and someone else finds a pack of biscuits.

You haven't caused a fuss Rosie, I have because of the despicable way you
were received.

Cup of tea, anyone? (Anne's got the biscuits.) veg

Old 18-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:58:03 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

SNIP!!

Why don't you let the original poster make up their own mind as to
whether a respondant has been curt or not?

Chivalry, Stephen?

Old 18-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Stephen Howard

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:48:31 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:58:03 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

SNIP!!

Why don't you let the original poster make up their own mind as to
whether a respondant has been curt or not?

Chivalry, Stephen?

Nothing quite so grand - plain, old-fashioned common sense really.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 19-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Anne Jackson

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

Anne wasn't in the Diplomatic Service for nothing.....

Nor does she use a hundred words when ten will do the same job! ;-)

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282
Old 19-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Nick Wagg

"Rosie" wrote in message
I have a toddler and a medium-sized laburnum tree at the back of my

garden,
which seems to produce a lot of seeds.

How poisonous are these seeds?

Deadly. Two kids on our estate were rushed off to hospital when it was
suspected that they had eaten some laburnum seeds. Fortunately they
hadn't.

They do seem to get everywhere. Would I be best off getting rid of the

tree?

Sadly, yes.

(Obviously she isn't left to wander around the garden by herself, but she
does like shoving things in her mouth.)

Some day she will be big enough to wander alone but may well still be
young enough to eat the seeds.
--
Nick Wagg