Old 22-04-2004, 09:07 PM
martin

Default Life after death?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:08:35 +0100, Inge Jones
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I've been fighting off the urge to explain it means that the killer is
effective for 3 months before you need a new one, because I was afraid
everyone would go "duh..."

Everyone's gone duh even though I didn't say it )-: Well, not
directly...

No, so far everyone as gone Duh.
Old 22-04-2004, 09:07 PM
tuin man

"john west++++" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
I was in Tesco yesterday and was looking at Nippon ant killer when I

spotted
"Ant traps" which said they would kill ants for 3 months.
My question is do they come back to life after this time?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

because ants have a shorter life span the reincarnation period is much
shorter. however they may not come back as ants. if they have been

unselfish
they may come back as a gazelle or similar, if selfish they come back as
homosapien politician.

Hmm?

Might not the path to reincarnation be more aligned with the conduct and
motives of the grim reaper who has laid it out, rather than duh life of the
ants?

So... if... as David's question suggests, there is a kernel of mystery
involved, then might the ants not come back as squirrels? Especially those
that provide much-unscheduled pruning of tulips because they think it's
funny or something.

Alternatively, if the puzzle has indeed out-foxed him, might the nature's
quirky sense of humour send him back a multitude of incontinent cats?

However, on account of the way many of the responses to his question could
be likened to a touch of inebriated merriment I suspect his aim all along
was to lure a few passing slugs. Clearly these have slithered into his beer
garden, whilst merrily gliding on the false sense of security created by the
sign he has placed over their path, offering no obstruction to them other
than the occasional weapon of ant destruction.

Clearly there are no "ant traps" involved and never have being even though
his own nursery might have provided a few in times past and besides, just
like slugs, ants can also read, so it they would never have had any kind of
effect, other than that which the ants might chose to cleverly craft.
Indeed, they probably plainly have, at the end of the day like, you know,
like, a degree, innit, in know what I mean like, plain English, but like not
too plain off-course, cuz that would never do, like. Right?

Which brings me to Inge Jones' rather green duh. Is it not surely an obvious
attempt to convert David's snare into a lure to attract unsuspecting aphids?

patrick

Old 23-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Frogleg

"David Hill" wrote i

I was in Tesco yesterday and was looking at Nippon ant killer when I

spotted
"Ant traps" which said they would kill ants for 3 months.
My question is do they come back to life after this time?

A US seafood company began freezing live lobsters for shipment and
sale and discovered that some of them (about 5%) resurrected upon
thawing.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/0...th_of/5432.htm

I don't think they experimented with ants. :-)
Old 24-04-2004, 12:08 AM
David Hill

"............ A US seafood company began freezing live lobsters for shipment
and sale and discovered that some of them (about 5%) resurrected upon
thawing.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/0...th_of/5432.htm

I don't think they experimented with ants. :-) ........"

Not a lot of point, have you ever tried to crack open an ants leg to get at
the meat?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 24-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacha

Mine must be very bad then as I haven't had one gazelle or any thing like
one here. But I have had several councillors.

Some of those councillors are fat cats.....
Yes and most have been reincarnated here in Torbay where they have awarded themselves 'loadsa money' and ripped the ratepayers off at the same time!
Old 24-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Kay Easton

In article m, Dave
Poole writes

Yes and most have been reincarnated here in Torbay where they have
awarded themselves 'loadsa money' and ripped the ratepayers off at the
same time!
--

Hello!!! Welcome back!
--

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 24-04-2004, 01:04 PM
martin

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:49:54 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

"............ A US seafood company began freezing live lobsters for shipment
and sale and discovered that some of them (about 5%) resurrected upon
thawing.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/0...th_of/5432.htm

I don't think they experimented with ants. :-) ........"

Not a lot of point, have you ever tried to crack open an ants leg to get at
the meat?

have you tried stuffing one?
Old 24-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kay Easton
In article
Hello!!! Welcome back!
Hello Kay, thanx. Its been a few years - I see a few familiar names about, but not that many. Things move on eh?
Old 24-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message m
from Dave Poole contains
these words:

Kay Easton wrote:
*In article
Hello!!! Welcome back!
*

Hello Kay, thanx. Its been a few years - I see a few familiar names
about, but not that many. Things move on eh?
--
Dave Poole

Geddaway..I don't believe that's you, posting from gardenbampots.co.uk
of all places. It's like finding Elvis working behind the counter in
Virgin Records :=)

Janet
Old 25-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet Baraclough..
Geddaway..I don't believe that's you, posting from gardenbampots.co.uk
of all places. It's like finding Elvis working behind the counter in
Virgin Records :=)
Well erm, yes - Hiya Janet. Its just a means of accessing URG, nothing more. I closed the demon a/c about a year ago and everything I access is web-based nowadays. At least I don't get the impossible amounts of spam that arrived every time I opened up my mail and newsreader.
Old 25-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:
In article m, Dave
Poole writes

Yes and most have been reincarnated here in Torbay where they have
awarded themselves 'loadsa money' and ripped the ratepayers off at the
same time!

Hello!!! Welcome back!

Wot Kay said.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 26-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Judith Lea

In article m, Dave
Poole writes
Hello Kay, thanx. Its been a few years - I see a few familiar names
about, but not that many. Things move on eh?
--
Dave Poole

I'm still here Dave - Welcome back. I read urg every day but rarely
contribute as we have a regular team of experts who know far more than
me - however, I will be after some advice soon on Aloe Vera.
--
Judith Lea

Life after conifers nfr Lawns 4 20-08-2011 01:24 PM
Bare root strawberries (shelf life, indoor life - to survive in thefrost, ready to plant outside)? gar_newbie Gardening 5 25-03-2009 09:20 PM
Life and death-Gardenia Marutchi[_3_] Garden Photos 8 19-11-2007 09:31 PM
death or life of old lilac hedge Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 05-03-2005 07:10 AM
a layperson's questions about life and death Elaine Jackson Plant Science 10 03-01-2005 10:08 PM