Old 22-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Tara

Default which climber?

I have a 10ft x 6ft trellis that I need to cover with climbers or something
to act as a screen ( the denser the better) to our next door
neighbours.Evergreen is a must but I do love flowering plants such as
clematis etc. Could anyone suggest a plant combination for me as after so
much reading and research Im now rather confused. Thanks Tx

Old 22-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Jason Pope

Tara wrote:
I have a 10ft x 6ft trellis that I need to cover with climbers or something
to act as a screen ( the denser the better) to our next door
neighbours.Evergreen is a must but I do love flowering plants such as
clematis etc. Could anyone suggest a plant combination for me as after so
much reading and research Im now rather confused. Thanks Tx

For extremely rapid cover try something like a Russian Vine.
I have a number of different climbers in my back garden from Passion
Flowers, Jasmine, Ivy and Honeysuckle to annual Morning Glory plants.
They all have their pluses and minuses.

Try a couple of Ivy's perhaps a yellow one like a Sulpher Heart, then
grow a different climber like a beautiful passionflower or honeysuckle
through it, you'd get cover, scent and beauty!

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.

Old 22-04-2004, 08:03 AM
Sue da Nimm

"Tara" wrote in message
I have a 10ft x 6ft trellis that I need to cover with climbers or

something
to act as a screen ( the denser the better) to our next door
neighbours.Evergreen is a must but I do love flowering plants such as
clematis etc. Could anyone suggest a plant combination for me as after so
much reading and research Im now rather confused. Thanks Tx

Akebia quinata - chocolate vine - is semi evergreen and has the height and
spread you need. It has small clusters of purple-red flowers and the most
delicious perfume! In really good summers (like last year) it will produce
fruit if you have a pollenation partner.

Old 22-04-2004, 10:13 AM
bigboard

Tara wrote:
I have a 10ft x 6ft trellis that I need to cover with climbers or something
to act as a screen ( the denser the better) to our next door
neighbours.Evergreen is a must but I do love flowering plants such as
clematis etc. Could anyone suggest a plant combination for me as after so
much reading and research Im now rather confused. Thanks Tx

I believe there's an evergreen clematis, Clematis armandii. I could be
mis-rembering, but no doubt someone will correct me if I am.

Old 22-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
bigboard writes:
| Tara wrote:
| I have a 10ft x 6ft trellis that I need to cover with climbers or something
| to act as a screen ( the denser the better) to our next door
| neighbours.Evergreen is a must but I do love flowering plants such as
| clematis etc. Could anyone suggest a plant combination for me as after so
| much reading and research Im now rather confused. Thanks Tx
|
| I believe there's an evergreen clematis, Clematis armandii. I could be
| mis-rembering, but no doubt someone will correct me if I am.

You aren't, but it is really too big for that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.