Old 03-05-2004, 06:04 PM
martin

Default FAQs

On Mon, 03 May 2004 15:19:29 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Pam you have a very old version of Agent, you can upgrade to Agent
1.93 free, or even to Agent 2.0 for about USD15. Agent 2.0 has better
dictionaries and spell checker otherwise there's not much new.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Janet Baraclough.
.. writes
The message
from Alan Gould contains these words:

So Top is or alternate bottom word posting posting is but entirely it
optional makes
anywhere reading on newsgroups the awful Internet hard.

Yes top and bottom postings are alternative to each other.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:08 PM
gp

Alan Gould wrote:

Top or bottom posting is entirely optional anywhere on the Internet.

Top posting is used by those who couldn't be bothered to format their
messages. Top posting is counter intuitive. Top posting is nasty.
Old 13-05-2004, 05:18 AM
gary davis

I can relate to that...oops.
On 5/2/04 10:51 PM, in article , "Alan
Gould" wrote:

In article Yrdlc.64$D9.54@newsfe1-win, Bella
writes
I found the FAQs in Google Groups last week, but I'm blessed if I could
fiind *anything* about top posting Janet.

Top or bottom posting is entirely optional anywhere on the Internet.

Old 13-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from gary davis top-posted these words:

I can relate to that...oops.

You're new to the internet, we can tell.

No doubt you see many nuisance posts to this group; regular posters
who are endlessly rude or abusive to others, or decline to conform to
netiquette. Some of them may even maliciously encourage you to do the
same. To the beginner, such posts may create the impression that
anything goes here and any degree of discourtesy is patiently tolerated
by gardening posters.

That would be a serious mistake. Experienced usenetters use a
killfile, a simple click of the mouse on a name, which means that their
newsreader automatically deletes all messages from that nuisance, and we
simply never see them.

Janet

Old 14-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
wrote:
The message
from gary davis top-posted these words:

I can relate to that...oops.

You're new to the internet, we can tell.

No doubt you see many nuisance posts to this group; regular posters
who are endlessly rude or abusive to others, or decline to conform to
netiquette. Some of them may even maliciously encourage you to do the
same. To the beginner, such posts may create the impression that
anything goes here and any degree of discourtesy is patiently tolerated
by gardening posters.

That would be a serious mistake. Experienced usenetters use a
killfile, a simple click of the mouse on a name, which means that their
newsreader automatically deletes all messages from that nuisance, and we
simply never see them.

LOL!

Tell me if you think that's not true! There are several who post here
whose posts I never see. These include habitual top-posters. In my
estimation, anyone who persistently top-posts in a group in which
bottom-posting is the norm will have very little of intelligence to
contribute, and I CBA to go scrolling up and down looking for the input.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 14-05-2004, 11:08 AM
martin

wrote:
The message
from gary davis top-posted these words:

I can relate to that...oops.

You're new to the internet, we can tell.

No doubt you see many nuisance posts to this group; regular posters
who are endlessly rude or abusive to others, or decline to conform to
netiquette. Some of them may even maliciously encourage you to do the
same. To the beginner, such posts may create the impression that
anything goes here and any degree of discourtesy is patiently tolerated
by gardening posters.

That would be a serious mistake. Experienced usenetters use a
killfile, a simple click of the mouse on a name, which means that their
newsreader automatically deletes all messages from that nuisance, and we
simply never see them.

LOL!

Tell me if you think that's not true!

I LOLled at one of the pots calling the kettles black.

There are several who post here
whose posts I never see. These include habitual top-posters. In my
estimation, anyone who persistently top-posts in a group in which
bottom-posting is the norm will have very little of intelligence to
contribute, and I CBA to go scrolling up and down looking for the input.

Are there parallel universes consisting of urg top posters, urg bottom
posters and those who have a fair percentage of regular posters in
their kill files? There certainly seems to be judging from the number
of times the same question is answered identically.
Old 14-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Anthony Anson

The message
from martin contains these words:

Are there parallel universes consisting of urg top posters, urg bottom
posters and those who have a fair percentage of regular posters in
their kill files? There certainly seems to be judging from the number
of times the same question is answered identically.

Probably. You can never tell the religion of a poster until he/she replies....

--
Tony http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

God sends the meat, the Devil sends the cooks.

Old 14-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

The message
from martin contains these words:

Who?

QED :-)

Janet.
Old 15-05-2004, 09:05 AM
martin

On Fri, 14 May 2004 18:37:04 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

The message
from martin contains these words:

Who?

QED :-)

eh?

honi soit quit mal y pense?
Old 17-05-2004, 02:19 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough.. contains
these words:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:
The message
from martin contains these words:

Who?

QED :-)

¿Que?

--
Mañuel
Old 19-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Janet Baraclough.
.. writes
No doubt you see many nuisance posts to this group; regular posters
who are endlessly rude or abusive to others,

!!!
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

FAQs, web ring etc K United Kingdom 1 05-04-2009 02:36 AM
FAQs re cats-can't find [email protected] United Kingdom 93 23-03-2004 05:34 PM
FAQs - Listing cormaic United Kingdom 3 03-02-2003 08:42 PM
Get yer FAQs 'ere - FAQ list for this group cormaic United Kingdom 0 18-01-2003 05:01 PM
Cats or FAQs? Jim United Kingdom 3 06-01-2003 07:10 PM