Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Tarragon - does it regrow from roots?

Hi All,

I had a couple of tarragons in pots last year, and left them outside over
winter. They looked very dead this spring, but I noticed this weekend, that
one is showing signs of regrowth on top of the original roots, and in the
larger pot I have what looks like a baby tarragon plant about 6 inches from
where the original was.

Do they regrow from the roots? Or have I got tarragon shaped weeds?

TIA,

Sarah
Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Diane Epps

"Sarah Dale" wrote in message
Hi All,

I had a couple of tarragons in pots last year, and left them outside over
winter. They looked very dead this spring, but I noticed this weekend,

that
one is showing signs of regrowth on top of the original roots, and in the
larger pot I have what looks like a baby tarragon plant about 6 inches

from
where the original was.

Do they regrow from the roots? Or have I got tarragon shaped weeds?

TIA,

Sarah

I have two tarragon plants one in the greenhouse and one outside they both
regrow from the roots but I think I am lucky as I live in the south east and
it is relatively mild here.

Old 03-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Diane Epps wrote:

I have two tarragon plants one in the greenhouse and one outside they both
regrow from the roots but I think I am lucky as I live in the south east and
it is relatively mild here.

It is quite happy here, and it is not mild by the standards of the
south of England! As Sacha says, that is precisely how it grows.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Sacha
writes

They're herbs, hence herbaceous. ;-)

Explain bay ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 04-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Rhiannon S

Subject: Tarragon - does it regrow from roots?
From: Kay Easton
Date: 03/05/2004 20:19 GMT Daylight Time
In article , Sacha
writes

They're herbs, hence herbaceous. ;-)

Explain bay ;-)

Well, that's where you go to sell junk and is active all year round...Oh wait I
thought you said Ebay!
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Old 04-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Sacha
writes
Kay Easton3/5/04 8:19
@scarbo ro.demon.co.uk

In article , Sacha
writes

They're herbs, hence herbaceous. ;-)

Explain bay ;-)

But you cut out my next sentence: "They die down in winter like many
herbs (not all)"

Ah, but bay is a herb but not herbaceous ..that is what I was responding
to.

I nearly went back and added 'and what about chives?' ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: