Old 04-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Jon

Default Escallonia Macrantha

Can anyone tell me of a local (North Wales) or national (Mail order)
supplier of Escallonia Macrantha please? I have searched everywhere for
these without luck!
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Jon
--
www.woodworkersuk.co.uk
Timber gates and garage doors to your own sizes!

Old 04-05-2004, 09:07 PM
papa

Look in the plantfinder under E. rubra var macrantha. I am not 100%
sure but I believe (99% sure!) that is the proper name for what you are
looking for and the plantfinder has lots of entries.

HTH

Philip

Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Jon" contains these words:

Can anyone tell me of a local (North Wales) or national (Mail order)
supplier of Escallonia Macrantha please? I have searched everywhere for
these without luck!
Any help would be appreciated!

Escallonia is not rock-hardy. If they aren't stocked in your local
GC's and sheds, it could be because they aren't quite hardy locally. The
NW coast should be fine; Snowdonia probably isn't. Do they grow in your
neighbourhood?

Janet.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:04 AM
JennyC

"Jon" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me of a local (North Wales) or national (Mail order)
supplier of Escallonia Macrantha please? I have searched everywhere for
these without luck!
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Jon

The following nursery seems to have it......
http://www.thegarden.co.uk/pages/plants/shrubs/red.htm

Jenny

Old 05-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Rod

On Tue, 4 May 2004 17:57:00 +0000 (UTC), "Jon"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me of a local (North Wales) or national (Mail order)
supplier of Escallonia Macrantha please? I have searched everywhere for
these without luck!
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Jon

Widely uaed for hedges along the coast here. The following list E.
macrantha.
Dingle Nursery,Welshpool = good for most things.
Aberconwy Nursery, Glan Conwy = General garden centre stuff but good
for a few less common things that are OK on the N. Wales coast.
Also try Jacksons in the Conwy Valley or at Trelawnedd nr Dyserth.
Sundawn on A55 nr Lloc.
Welsh College of Horticulture - Northop nr Mold.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply